rca mp3

traymond

I have a new RCA th1100 mp3 player, the problem is that the drivers disk that came with this device only supports win xp, win 2000 and vista. Im running win98se.

i checked on the rca website in the drivers section and could find nothing for support for win98 or se or millenium.

of course i do know that micro$oft has dropped support for win98 and millenium.

does anyone know of any drivers that might be compatible with this device, or work with the

windows98 media player v7.1?

again i had no luck at all with thomson who is the customer support etc etc, they were no help at all and acted like my grandma who knows nothing. :)

is there anybody that may possibly still write drivers for win98 etc?

at this time win98se is the only operating system i can afford and use. :(

any help would be appreciated or suggestions.

traymond

That is like asking if someone still does programming on punch cards. You might want to stop investing in toys and buy a new computer. Tigerdirect is selling a PC for 199 right now. 512mb ram, 120GB hdd, dvd burner, 3.46GHz proc. It even comes with Vista.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...;sku=E400-W3619

Your current computer is adequate for XP, you could just upgrade your OS. I would suggest adding at least another 512 Mb of memory though.

Your current computer is adequate for XP, you could just upgrade your OS. I would suggest adding at least another 512 Mb of memory though.
No this computer I bought used so the seller of course could not sell the OS with the PC.

Well I kinda just wanted to try Win98 since that is all I have at this time and not in a position yet to update to XP really soon.

The Win98SE Im using also is the Upgrade version where you need at least Win 3.1 or Win95B, When you start the installation the process starts a compliance check for the previous versions of Windows be it 3.1 or 9X.

I guess right now XP may be my only option then, I may be sometime getting a better dell pc with XP.

Are there other RCA USB drivers that might possibly work with the RCA th1100A MP3 player?

Also there is also Windows media player V9 that works with Win98, would that possibly contain any drivers?

Right now Win98 though is my "only" OS and I wont be upgrading for awhile is "why" I want to use Win98SE.

Anymore suggestions?

-Terry Raymond

I did a search on the good ole' internet and yeilded 0 results on drivers. I have also hit the RCA website and couldn't find any information about drivers. The only thing I could find is a pearl update for the 1101.

My recommendation... if you can find an XP CD somewhere, find it. Find a license, a lot of companies don't use the license that is on the pc, they have a corporate license they use on their machines. I would try to locate a dell, hp, or something that someone discarded somewhere and get the license. The license is the thing that matters, not the cd.

That is the only solution I can think of for you. I will keep the search alive though.