Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

Orange Box

For those who got the orange box, how far have ya gotten with portal?

I'm stuck atm and am looking for some help =)

Finished it, finally.....I wasn't looking around well enough. Portals is pretty sweet.

Edited by Frosty

I'm on 15/19, took a break its addictive.

I'm stuck on 17

I think I am retired from FPS gaming. I have been console gaming recently... and there is NO way I am playing an FPS on a console. PC will always be king of FPS.

I'm on PC with this Orange Box. I used to be good at console FPS with Nintendo 64, but then I discovered the keyboard and mouse, and two thumb joysticks isn't nearly as good as a mouse.

I doubt I'll do the console thing ever again.

**edit** Well, until they come with a keyboard and mouse. I'm sure it won't be long before they do...

Edited by Frosty

So you guys seem to like Portal!?!

I definitely want HL2 Episode 2, so my question is.....

Does Portal make it worth the price of the orange box or should I just stick to HL Epi 2?

It's not just Portal, it's also TF2 which is very cool. The Orange Box is definitely worth it.

K, damnit. I'm on 19, took at all the turrets and I KNOW somehow I am supposed to momentum jump up to the catwalks, but cant reach them. How do I do it.

So you guys seem to like Portal!?!

I definitely want HL2 Episode 2, so my question is.....

Does Portal make it worth the price of the orange box or should I just stick to HL Epi 2?

It's 5 games in 1 box for 50 bucks. Team Fortress 2 is one of them, and I think it's a pretty sweet multiplayer FPS. No single player to Team Fortress 2.

Link to Orange Box page: http://orange.half-life2.com/

K, damnit. I'm on 19, took at all the turrets and I KNOW somehow I am supposed to momentum jump up to the catwalks, but cant reach them. How do I do it.

When you say all the turrets, are you talking about the room you drop into and then they top closes on you? And 3 robots come out of doors?

Edited by Frosty

No, you are in a room which is hugely tall and has those turrets that talk to you in little alcoves all around the room. Once you kill them, you have to momentum jump up to another room, where two more turrets are dropped down at you. After that, if you look up you can see the catwalks.

Ah, you're pretty far in. I don't remember what I did, I'll try to get back there and let ya know...

SPOILER FOR GMAN

Where the two turrets that came down, kinda in a red area, throw down a blue portal. Go back to the really tall room, jump for the bottom and throw down your red portal. As ya pass through the portals, just hold down Left or Right or whatever, and you can move yourself midair. You'll land up above.

Edited by Frosty

Finished it, dude, I was trying to get to the catwalk from inside the room not the ledge where they drop in.

Frosty, what was the name of that map we played? You know, the one that was a slaughter.

Something like "Duel Duel" or "Duel 2" I'm pretty sure "Duel" was in the name.....maybe 1v1Duel

*EDIT*

It's Duel_Duel2

Edited by Frosty

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this