Computer will not boot

[COD]Big_Balls

I have this friend and he has a computer that is about 2 years old.

He went to turn it on like he does every time he uses it and nothing happend. So he start tinkering around to see what the problem might be.

He has tried a new power supply, memorry, HDD, Cables, Fans, and still nothing happens he cant even get BIOS to come up.

It is an AMD but that is all I can tell you about it. He does have power to all of his componets. I was wondering if he should try a new Processor or would it be cheaper too just by a new moby and processor combo?

Any and all answers might be helpfull at this point in time.

He is going to bring it into work with him and give it too me so I can hook up his old hard drives and see if they are still good.

He wants to give this computer to his wife so he can buy a new one, But before he does that he wants to get it going first.

POST means power on self test. Most mobo's that won't post will put out tones if they are functioning at all. What you need to do is make sure that the pc speaker is connected properly and as long as the mobo and the proc aren't shot, you should get some tones coming from the mobo. These tones are your clue to see what isn't working with the system.

To decipher the tones, you need to do an internet search for the type of bios on the system and their related tones. Most are either Award or Pheonix, so that is your start. There should be a sticker on one of the chips to let you know.

Items like this: http://www.amazon.com/Startech-com-PCIPOST...t/dp/B00006B8EZ also help

Are you sure the monitor is not shot or the vid card?

No the monitor is not shot because he has hooked it up to his new computer and works fine.

He just does not want to play around in the new computer and test his other stuff on it so since I have an older computer I am willing to test all of his stuff for him.

How do you reflash the bios?

I wasn't meaning flash the bios just clear it's history. You can do this with a jumper usually right by hte CMOS battery, or I like to do it the old fashion way by popping out the battery and shorting the + and _ battery connectors with a screwdriver. Make sure you have the p/s unplugged from the mobo when you do this. If you are actually talking about flashing the bios you should check with the bios manufacturer for flashing instructions as they vary from brand to brand.