Bank of America offers credit cards to illegal immigrants

drelo

Bank of America launches credit card for illegal immigrants

Bank of America, the country's second-largest bank, "has quietly begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers -- typically illegal immigrants," according to the Wall Street Journal.

Customers can qualify for a credit card if they have had a checking account at the bank for at least three months. They are required to leave a deposit and pay a relatively high interest rate, according to the paper.

The program is controversial. Bank of America says it will help undocumented workers build good credit. But critics say one of the USA's largest financial institutions should not be helping people who violate the country's immigration laws.

"They are clearly crossing the line; they are actually aiding and abetting people who broke the law," says the spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform.

Make no mistake about it: millions of dollars are at stake.

"If we don't disproportionately grow in the Hispanic [market]...we aren't going to grow" as a bank, a company official told the Journal.

USA TODAY reported last year about the buying power of immigrant customers, including undocumented workers. Bank of America says nearly half of the nation's Hispanic households have one of its credit cards.

linky!!!!

I can see it now

I am sorry to inform all of are customers but do too the increase in the cost of living(all of the illegeals that did not pay us back and skipt town) we are going to be rasing our rates this year, we really do appoligize for this we know how hard it is on everone already.

Again we apoligize and thank you for your understanding(listening to our BULLS_I_cause we like sticking it to you as a group)

Bank of americanos.

This is not to take offence if your heratige is hispanic or mexican american it is me letting out frustration over the bull crap that big business's cause and get away with..............

I can see it now

I am sorry to inform all of are customers but do too the increase in the cost of living(all of the illegeals that did not pay us back and skipt town) we are going to be rasing our rates this year, we really do appoligize for this we know how hard it is on everone already.

Again we apoligize and thank you for your understanding(listening to our BULLS_I_cause we like sticking it to you as a group)

Bank of americanos.

This is not to take offence if your heratige is hispanic or mexican american it is me letting out frustration over the bull crap that big business's cause and get away with..............

I totally agree and will also say its not the heritage but it is the status of their immigration "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT"

I dont have a problem with someone coming to our country as long as they want to become an American citizen also be a contributing citizen, not a burden on an alrdy taxed economy and infrastructure!

Whatever city has the HQ of BoA should pass a law that would punish them severely for this injustice to the American People!

Please forgive my rant but this is just wrong!

Edited by camaroguy1998

I think we should all move to to their country and not become citizens. Drink booz and loot. There are plenty here that do by the book... and I love them for making this a diverse society and a more beautiful place to live. I have a problem with ANY one that causes my taxes to go up... and this bank is fueling that.