stupid quicktime

dougekewl

i've been having problems with quicktime....

i need it installed to have itunes but it's messing with everything els....

i have QT7.1.3.0 pro

itunes and downloaded video plays just fine but i can't get anything to play in browser (IE7 or FF2)

all that comes up is the qt logo with a question mark over it... if i uninstall qt it works again... but then i lose itunes....

i've tryie de-selection all the formats for qt to play but that doesn't change anything

help

--title edited by admin

*shrugz* i like the layout of itunes... i'm forsed to use wmp now untill i can find a fix or something better....

i'll try winamp.... i got turned off it years ago because of constant problems/freezing

i've been having problems with quicktime....

i need it installed to have itunes but it's messing with everything els....

i have QT7.1.3.0 pro

itunes and downloaded video plays just fine but i can't get anything to play in browser (IE7 or FF2)

all that comes up is the qt logo with a question mark over it... if i uninstall qt it works again... but then i lose itunes....

i've tryie de-selection all the formats for qt to play but that doesn't change anything

help

--title edited by admin

I dont use IE7 YET.... But I do use FF2 and since that update I've been having trouble with all video formats except mpg's. Mpg's play fine, they bring up WMP and play but nothing else will play.

I have to save the file and play it directly from the save. I havent really done anything about it yet so, if you find a fix definitely post it so others can try it too! :D

i upgaded to ff2 a long time ago.... it only started messing up after i got the new qt and upgraded it to pro.... now i can't seem to un-do the pro part....so qt is gone for now