Vista

Bruceleeon

Are any of you guys buying it? I think i am going to wait at least until the first service pack is out before I purchase.

I dont plan on buying it. My daughter bought a Sony VAIO laptop today and we get a Vista Voucher with it so she's giving that to me! :D

The guy at BB said it should be a copy of Vista Home premium!

From my understanding thats equal to XP MCE.

Does anyone know if thats probably true?

I did get a chance to play with Vista Ultimate while we haggled on the price of the new laptop!

The GUI of Vista wasnt as different from XP as I thought it would be!

I was able to navigate through most basic functions without any help,

so if I can do it most people will be able to handle it! :lol:

BTW....We bought the VAIO SZ 330 for $1100, original MSRP of $2050 that included an extra battery too!

As much as I hate to admit it, I will eventually be forced to go to Vista. Drivers will dry up for XP and since I like to play games, I'm gonna need DX10.

heh buy?

well.. not yet....

i just upgraded to XP-64... woot

how is XP-64?

not much different from normal XP

i was hopping it would be able to address ALL 4GB of my ram... but sadly it still only reads 3.5GB. so i guess it's my MO-BO that can't address more.. oh well

it seems a little quicker now... but i don't know if thats from being 64bit or just being a fresh install

ya... especially when M$ feels like month old skid stained underpants way too quickly

I love the feeling of a fresh install.... It is like a new pair of undies.
I need to do a new clean install myself. I think I'm running on almost 2 years now. Lost my image to a hdd crash and haven't made the time to do a clean install and image again. Maybe next weekend, to busy this weekend.

I have a copy of Vista Business through the MS Partners program maybe I'll try that. I think I'll check for drivers first though.

2 years on the same install... wow... once you reinstall that mofo you'll think you upgraded to new hardware... lol

my install usually only last about 6 months before i fudge something up or they start to slow down

Rb, how long ago did you get your copy? I'm a partner and never got one.

Rb, how long ago did you get your copy? I'm a partner and never got one.

I got it in the January Pack. 2 days ago.

Bruceleeon, $300/year.