another one bites the dust

dougekewl

my most favorite computer modding site (sorry bruce... COD is #2 here) is shutting down at the end of the year....

(the F-word) (the S-word) (the S-word) (the F-word) ass #@%@% ^@^ @^%$# $%%$ ^% ^%&% $%& ^%&%^#$^%$

http://www.modthebox.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB...=1165279734/0#2

now I'm gonna go mourn...

Yeah, I saw that. Sad to hear, they have a good site.

If my car site ever shut down I would be beside myself. I would be forced to flood C.O.D. with useless drivel that you guys don't want to read.

i think the modding scene is slowing down and it's because of the mass commercialization of modding geer. (this isn't always a bad thing) but it does take away from the need to do tutorials and creativity. why spend hours cutting a window in the side of a case when you can simply buy a nice looking case with a window or 3, and cheaper then you can build.

now MTB isn't closing down because of a slowed down modding scene, more so it is closing because the founder (HI-TEC) is starting a more intense job and it came down to how to spend his free time... with the new baby and family, or with strangers on the internet.... not really a tough choice.

ok I'll stop rambling for a while

P.S. i love that Firefox now has spell checker incorporated.. :D

I wouldn't be too worried about this site. It's large enough and popular enough that in six months I bet Hi-TEK could get someone to take it over for him. It might not be the old crew, but the site in some form will survive. At least that's my prediction. Don't lose hope dougekewl. YOu'll see that it indeed proves correct.