HD-DVD/blu-ray Vs DVD

dougekewl

in case anyone is wondering just what type of movie detail difference there will likely be between HD-DVD/blu-ray and the best that norman DVD offers check this out....

i was ammazed at the detail difference (especialy the balrog scene wow!)

http://www.cornbread.org/FOTRCompare/index.html

ya it's not something that anyone would notice with a non-HD tv but for anyone (sadly not me) that has a large plasma or lcd the difference would be astounding

• 2 weeks later...

pretty nice find, i knew there was a significant difference in them (I visit bestbuy often :P).... but i'm more interested in the space the discs can hold, HD DVD (dual layer) hold 30 gigs and the blu-ray disc holds 25 gigs... though there is a dual layer blu-ray disc that holds up to 50 gigs.. but so far not many (i couldn't find any at least) use this disc yet... though i heard there is a blu-ray 4 layer.. yeah 4 layer 200gig disc... not sure if it's on the market yet.. it was made by TDK in august..

thats one of the many reasons i'm hopeing blu ray will prevail...

-capible of many more then just 2 layers (hd is limited to 2)

-much more scratch resistant disk

i like some of sony stuff and disslike some... but i'll give them credit where credit is due.. and blu-ray is a better technology then HD-DVD

i like some of sony stuff and disslike some... but i'll give them credit where credit is due.. and blu-ray is a better technology then HD-DVD

Then according to the Beta/VHS testing standards HD-DVD will be the dominate format a year from now!

:blink: