Audigy Zs vs Onboard

Bruceleeon

Dougiekewl, how do you like your soundblaster audigy zs platinum? Can you tell the difference between that and onboard audio? I know onboard has come along way since the early days. My audigy platinum is sitting on a shelf collecting dust because my onboard (Asus A8N-SLI) is just as good now.

as for sound quality.... not really... i have 2 asus p5p800 based rigs right now (my main and my htpc) i have logitech speekers run of the audigy in my main rig and a sony/nuance surround system off the digital out of the onboard sound (p5p800 has the option of updating to soundblaster drivers anyway) and for the quality of my logitechs i con't tell the difference....

i originaly bought the xs platinum because the board i was running at the time didn't have a digital out and i wanted to use my home theater speekers.... although with all the add ons the zs platinum comes with i would never give it up (optical in/out spdif in/out large (5mm?) headphone/mic jacks midi in/out firewire aux in/out(rca jacks) and the remote) thats just whats added with the front panel

i would recoment highly the audigy 2 xs platinum.... but if you were just going with the audigy 2 zs (and didn't need the added firwire/serial port) then i've found the newer onboards to be almost as good)

(mind you living in a duplex i can't really crank my nuance system to find the out... :'( )

I know that most of the world has never even heard of them, but the latest Bluegears creation, the b-Enspirer, is a true 24-bit sound card which uses the Oxygen audio processor. I absolutly blows away everything that Creative has released to date. It does cost $110, but you can't have the best for free. My review of this product should be released any day now.

are you over at Bjorn?

was this question aimed at me? i'm confussled

• 2 weeks later...