Sign in to follow this  
dougekewl

H2O upgrade

over the weekend i had a few toys come in from DD and they look ssseeeeexxxxxyyyyyyyy :D

i got a DD northbridge water block and a res to add to my system, also took the time to finaly get some lights wired in.

wire management on this hunny is a royal pain now... i have way too many wires! the one thing that did help was the custom switch plate i made. i'll post some picks of that and the box running with all my gear soon... cheers!

IMG_1248.jpg

a closeup of the DD waterblock

IMG_1249.jpg

connected in line after the zalman cpu block

IMG_1255.jpg

the full setup

IMG_1256.jpg

you can see the 2 bubble tube LED light on top and the cold cathode on the left.. and....

IMG_1257.jpg

the res with the custom lighting job.. :)

IMG_1251.jpg

i also AS5 epoxyed 2 ram-sinks to the southbridge.. fits like a glove under my bfg7800gs

links to...

video of just the bubble lights (night)

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/douge...nt=MVI_1253.flv

and all the lights (night)

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/douge...nt=MVI_1254.flv

sorry, you'll have to rotate your heads 90deg CCW, i didn't realize when i took the vid that i wouldn't be able to rotate it to vertical (or atleast i don't yet know how to)

I was just having a discussion about the old chieftec/chemming cases. Nice job with the water... I haven't noticed a great decrease in temps with watercooling my NB.

i always found the NB hot on this board.... would run about 45C with the stock cooler and airwash from the intel fan... once i WC'd the cpu the NB temp would rise to over 60C... now it's down to under 40C... :D

i saw today that zalman has a new passive (and sexy) NB cooler out... and it supports the 4 loop design! (i would have tried it before the WC) i may put that on my other mobo (both rigs are p5p800 main has a p4-630 and HTPC has a celeronD i forget what model 3.2GHz stock OC'd to 3.52GHz)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this