LightScribe Label Creating Software?

Dr Stock

I also use light scribe and the best one so far is sonic under express labeler.

Very easy and simple. But the larger you make it the longer it will take to do the labeling.

Yeah, I'd be interested to know how you guys like it.

I like it alot for reason that your cd's and DVD's look better in the folder than hand writing on the cover.

If the program was a little faster then it would be a lot better but other than that, It does a good job.

I do like it 2 Thumbs up.

I will take some pics and post them later so you guys can see the art.

Cool. I don't write on mine, I make labels for everything. I go through a lot of ink, but they look better.

Sharpie for me. I don't give a crap what it looks like. Speed and functionality is all I need.

• 2 months later...

Big_Balls' date='Jul 17 2006, 09:37 PM' post='23669']I like it alot for reason that your cd's and DVD's look better in the folder than hand writing on the cover.

If the program was a little faster then it would be a lot better but other than that, It does a good job.

I do like it 2 Thumbs up.

I will take some pics and post them later so you guys can see the art.

I just bought a Lite-On LightScribe drive and I definitely would like to see some of those pics!

Any Chance?

Edited by camaroguy1998

I still haven't been sold on the lightscribe idea. Maybe when I get one I will be on the bandwagon. I am not buying a drive yet until the HD drives are out.

The big problem I have waiting for the HD drives is Cost. Last I read they are somewhere around $600-700!

Now that was a cpl months ago, but at that price it'll be along time coming b4 I buy one! :o

The BluRay dvd players for home are going for $999 thats outrageous!

I have not had a chance to do the Picks yet for the Lightscribe I have been way to busy but I will get some done this weekend k.

i spent the monie on a much faster plextor and sharpie on them.... i've heard that lightscribe will work on a regulard disk but shows up best on a lightscribe disk... have you tried both? whats the difference like? whats the cost difference for the disks?

UVA....I know that feeling, I have a few of those laying around!

Although I have put the Sharpies to use lately!

Dougekewl......The last DVD+Rs I bought where 75 discs for $10

Thats about $.13-.14 each

The cheapest I've seen LightScribe DVDs was 100 for $56

Thats about $.56 each

Pretty big difference and those examples are on the cheapest end of the scale!

The BluRay dvd players for home are going for $999 thats outrageous!

I'll buy a playstation 3 once all of the hoopla dies down.

I'll buy a playstation 3 once all of the hoopla dies down.

I read a cpl months ago that the PS3 hasnt been released bcuz its not any better than the Xbox 360 as far as graphics goes. The game line up wasnt all that great either so they're trying to get a full line of games, other wise they wont be able to compete against the Xbox 360, which has a substantial lead in the market now!

I'm curious.....Does anyone here know anyone that has a BluRay DVD player or recorder yet????

i spent the monie on a much faster plextor and sharpie on them.... i've heard that lightscribe will work on a regulard disk but shows up best on a lightscribe disk... have you tried both? whats the difference like? whats the cost difference for the disks?

I have tried it on a regular disk and it did not work at all but on the Lightscribe it comes out pretty nice.

And the cost is a big diffrence.

I only buy 100-PK Taiyo Yuden for about .18 cents a piece and HP LightScribe 100-PK for about .46cent a piece.

It all depends on how much money I have at the time of purchase.

I took some picks so I will try and post them this weekend, nothing fancy on them but you can do themes and difrent back ground pics and stuff also..

I have another question about the software for burning lightscribe discs that maybe you guys can answer!

Can you use your own images when you burn a disc with the lightscribe software?

I beleive some were I read that you can But I DO NOT know how you would load it in the softwear. I use Sonic for my softwear.

Big_Balls' date='Oct 12 2006, 11:03 PM' post='25080']I have tried it on a regular disk and it did not work at all but on the Lightscribe it comes out pretty nice.

And the cost is a big diffrence.

I only buy 100-PK Taiyo Yuden for about .18 cents a piece and HP LightScribe 100-PK for about .46cent a piece.

It all depends on how much money I have at the time of purchase.

I took some picks so I will try and post them this weekend, nothing fancy on them but you can do themes and difrent back ground pics and stuff also..

Taiyo Yuden are some of the best disks you can buy...

i've never seen Taiyo Yuden disks......

i do all my burning onto Memorex i've never encountered any problems with burning/reading speed or degridation after time (some of my burnt movies are going on 3 years old with no crappin out)

I have a lightscribe question. Can you batch label or do you have to do one at a time. Id like to just setup a bunch of lightscribe lables and just change disks untill the batch is done.

Also does anybody know of any burning programs that do batch burning. The only one ive found is an old version of stomp record max 4.5. I have 4 DVD burners and Im able to setup a job for each burner and then just relaod blank disk's as each disk finishes. You have to jump thru some hoops to get it to work with newer burners.

The way I do it now is I buy surthing hub labels. I open the hub label template in photoshop and I just number my disks and use a freeware database program called Cathy disk cataloger to find what i need. ie(quake 1 is on disk 50).

Size me is another freeware program I use to save time.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/SizeMe.shtml

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-D...ils/Cathy.shtml

I buy from supermedia all the time too. I would use a sharpie but my handwriting is really bad.