Some Folding Information

Questions in this section:

·Where do I go to check my stats?

·Where can I find the status of the Folding servers?

·How can I connect to a different work server and why are there so many?

·How does Stanford decide how much credit a WU is worth?

·What is the frequency of the FAH stats update?

Q: Where do I go to check my stats? (#2995)

A: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.p...e&teamnum=49518

Q: Where can I find the status of the Folding servers?

A: The [email protected] Stanford Server Status Page. - refreshes every 10 minutes.

Q: How can I connect to a different work server and why are there so many? (#2997)

A: The connection to the different work servers is accomplished automatically through Stanford's Assignment Server .93, the assignment protocol software, and a list of available work servers. The more servers they have on-line and available to distribute work, the less congestion and time-outs will occur when attempting to send or receive work, thus achieving load-balancing.

Q: How does Stanford decide how much credit a WU is worth? (#3003)

A: Quoted from http://folding.stanford.edu/faq.html#stats.howcred:

How do you determine how many points a work unit is worth?

Before putting out any new work unit, we benchmark it on a dedicated 2.8GHz Pentium 4 machine with SSE2 disabled (more specifically, as reported by /proc/cpuinfo on linux: vendor_id : GenuineIntel, cpu family : 15, model : 2, model name : Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz, stepping : 9, cpu MHz : 2806.438, cache size : 512 KB). This machine runs linux, so all WUs are benchmarked with the linux core.

We plug the results of this into the following formula:

points = 110 * (daysPerWU)

where daysPerWU is the number of days it took to complete the unit. This equation was chosen to match the points for previous Gromacs WUs to the previous point system. The upshot is that Tinker WUs will be worth more than before we set up the new points (i.e. before April 2004).

Q: What is the frequency of the FAH stats update? (#8342)

A: Quote taken from http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtop...1091&highlight=.

"I'm still keeping an eye on it, but I've gone from every 6 hours to every 3 hours. If it looks like it's handling that fine, we'll inch our way back to every hour.

The bug had to do with the stats processing taking too long and going too frequently. I'm testing this right now."

Vijay

• 4 months later...

eeeerrrrrr........ *silence*

lol

guess i can switch my box over to this team

Nice, darn good points for those WU.

is it? ive never compaired points per wu before...

whats the avg?