Logitech Z5300 --- Dead ??

Fiddler

Hello Everyone,

I'm new over here and seeking information on whether it's possible to buy "spares' for a Logitech Z5300 set up.

Had the system about 2 years and been very happy, until very recently. The front left speaker started to crackle in time with increasing or decreasing the volume. Then , front left speaker died. Swapped everything around, took out the sound card. Re- enabled on board Audio in the bios. Same story. I think it's either the wired remote or something on the the amp/sub. The speakers are fine . It's just that one channel that's "gone for a walk". Does anyone perhaps know if parts/spares might be available ?, and from where ?

Thanks Folks.

Fiddler.

Well, considering the age of the speakers, it looks like the warranty route is not available. You should be able to go to any speaker retailer and find replacement speakers of the right size. Now, the tricky part is removing the old ones and replacing them with the new ones. It may be worthwhile to get them repaired professionally. Of course, with the cost of labor nowadays, it may be cheaper to just get a new set. You can get that same model for ~$140 online. Most repair shops will charge you a flat $75 bench fee on top of the actual repair cost and part cost.

Well, considering the age of the speakers, it looks like the warranty route is not available. You should be able to go to any speaker retailer and find replacement speakers of the right size. Now, the tricky part is removing the old ones and replacing them with the new ones. It may be worthwhile to get them repaired professionally. Of course, with the cost of labor nowadays, it may be cheaper to just get a new set. You can get that same model for ~$140 online. Most repair shops will charge you a flat $75 bench fee on top of the actual repair cost and part cost.

Thanks, but the Speakers themselves are fine. It's the front left channel or the wired remote. Logitech does not have a repair facility or a parts Inventory I'm told. Something I have to bear in mind for any future purchase. They're only 2-2 1/2 years old and hardly used. Not very durable I guess

Ah, sorry I misunderstood.

I have been abusing mine since the origional review date without any issue. When I say abusing, I MEAN ABUSING!! High volumes, dropped speakers, etc. I love them! As far as your issue... i would take it apart and look for something fried.

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing here mate, front left, center, and all trear speaks have a crackle.

I think it is the AMP, because if I plug any of the speakers into the one chan that works the speakers are fine.

• 1 month later...