The fun continues

Bruceleeon

If you guys don't remember, I was having some fun with my A8n-sli. It seems that a lot of people are having the same problems that I have been. The fan that cools our northbridge is defective. It makes some grinding noises then dies. A bunch of people have been experiening frying. Well, I decided to be proactive. Before, it ended its life, the grind of death, I decided to replace it.

I bought a thermaltake orb, and ripped my computer apart. I get the sucker in place, and its too damned big! I can't put my vid card in. So, I rip it out, throw it against the wall and go shopping again. A week later, my vantec iceburg like thing comes. IT DON'T FIT!!! So, this time, I grab my dremel, and work away at it.

Finally got it to fit! After a bunch of work, and metal shavings. Now my Northbridge is a cool 27C

pics?

Oh well.

But yeah, NB's can be a real PITA to aftermarket cool with the size of todays vid cards.

• 3 weeks later...

How hot did it get? Mine is passive cooling and I haven't noticed any high temps.

Of course, I have a Mushkin K8TNEOFIS2R

Edited by jsgolfman

• 1 month later...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, it's obsolete already. I really want to get a new one but the old ball and chain is set on going to Hawaii this summer on vacation.

Dont know the time, but we are leaving June 30. I'm actually looking to get into dual core, which increases the cost a bit.