Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

Hosting By COD

I'll send some notices out, to hype the new payment method.

looks pretty tight

i like the look

if i ever hear of anyone looking for a site i'll send em your way

Definitely more eye catching than the original.

i'm curious, how much traffic (on a normal text/picture w no video) would each level be able to handle?

Those packages are more than enough for a normal website. COD runs off that server, along with a bunch of other sites I have. Granted COD has been slow recently without new content for posting... but at times COD had over 2 million hits per month.

uhhhh.... dig it? or get google to put it higher up in the hosting google search?

Ok, so the site is almost finished... that means, when completed; I can then put my focus back on COD. I can't wait for this project to be over. It has been very time consuming. The front page leaves something to be desired, but the hosting, TOS, AUP, FAQ, Forums, and Domains pages are completed. I have the resellers page to do yet, and some here and theres.

It is getting there. I will be offering a special to COD Forum members soon... AVAILABLE only on the monthly package. I think I will probably be doing something like 1 month free or 2 months free. We shall see. I also started selling domain names...

Been fun/headache.

I have noticed the alexa rating for COD really diving since I have started this project. Luckily we have a couple of reviews that should soon be posted.

Nice... I think the frontpage of C.O.D. Webhosting is finished finally. Check it out...

http://codwebhosting.com

Pages done:

Index page

hosting page

domains page

acceptable use policy page

terms of service page

forums redesigned

Left:

support page...

faq page.

If you saw the first screenies of the new codwebhosting design you will notice that this looks much different. I think it is a better aproach than the first one. I have the support page done now too, complete with Live Chat for my customers. The faq page is completed as well.

I think I am nearly finished with this project. Only a couple of heres and theres as they come up. What do you guys think?

Looks Good!

Straight Forward, Very Professional!

Wow... maroguy... where have you been?

Dealin with elderly parents, mine and wifes :(

I still surf through just havent had time to really stop and smell the puter parts if you know what I mean!

:D

Hey Bruceleeon, I've been asked recently if I knew of a hosting co.

Which of course you came to mind! I plan on recommending you, if thats cool!?!(My Bet It Is!)

He hasnt asked me yet But, I'm expecting to get that "Do You Think You Could Do This For Me"

The guy is computer illiterate, he doesnt even own a computer YET!

I'm not sure I want to take him on, I did this twice before and it didnt turn out well in the end.

Wasnt my fault hosting Co. went belly up and I took the whack for it! But thats another story!!!

I have a cpl questions for you before I even think about talking to him!

Do you support HTML editors, in particular CuteSite Builder?

Its a basic wysiwyg editor.

Also I'll probably be using COD's forums for a little help.

He's talking about having a pay membership type site and I've never done anything like that!

Is that very hard to setup?

Thats it for the moment, if this does happen I'm sure I'll have a few more questions!

Hey Bruceleeon, I've been asked recently if I knew of a hosting co.

Which of course you came to mind! I plan on recommending you, if thats cool!?!(My Bet It Is!)

He hasnt asked me yet But, I'm expecting to get that "Do You Think You Could Do This For Me"

The guy is computer illiterate, he doesnt even own a computer YET!

I'm not sure I want to take him on, I did this twice before and it didnt turn out well in the end.

Wasnt my fault hosting Co. went belly up and I took the whack for it! But thats another story!!!

I have a cpl questions for you before I even think about talking to him!

Do you support HTML editors, in particular CuteSite Builder?

Its a basic wysiwyg editor.

Also I'll probably be using COD's forums for a little help.

He's talking about having a pay membership type site and I've never done anything like that!

Is that very hard to setup?

Thats it for the moment, if this does happen I'm sure I'll have a few more questions!

You can use any editor you want, if it produces valid code it will work. I support Frontpage extensions too. You can use the forums as much as possible; COD Webhosting has forums also, but I am the only contributor! As far as the pay site goes, what kind of content is he looking to do? These forums, (the software) supports subscriptions which could make life easy. You can also password protect folders and give out usernames and passwords. If you are looking to do something database driven that is a different story. That takes time and I just don't have the knowledge for that yet. I will be taking some coding (php and mysql) classes soon though.

The sites also support backups, so I would recommend making regular backups of his site whenever you can. This way, if wasn't my fault web hosting company goes belly up you won't be stranded! (I am not going anywhere though - just like to keep my customers, or potential customers, informed).

You can preview our customer control panel CLICK HERE!

I'm betting a username/password setup would work.

The guy is a natural cure cancer survivor and he wants to share his info with everyone but

wants to have a small fee to access the info so he can help pay for hosting and site services!

Its going to be a while before I know whats going on, right now I'm just checking out options!

Thanx for your Help! :D

Well, even if you don't decide on COD as your hosting company, I will sure be glad to help out.

Well, even if you don't decide on COD as your hosting company, I will sure be glad to help out.

Thank You! :D

If I decide to do this you are at the top of the list and its a short list :lol:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this