liteon dvdrw ldw-411s RAAAHHHHH

Triadic

Sorry for the yell, but this IS the rant forum.

Yeah, obviously it can only burn up to speeds of 4x. Sure, no problem there. But does that mean DVD+R's labeled 8x won't be valid media for it? That seems like.. BS that SOME DVD+R's work on 2x/4x/8x, but 8x DVD+R's ONLY work recording at 8x. Am I entirely wrong?

Do I really need to update my drivers or something? I've tried using VSO and Nero(latest), but neither even detect anything in the drive. And then, Windows(XP), decides to absorb any programs launched after VSO/Nero's screwup. Appear in the task manager, but not anywhere else.

Anyway.. thanks very much for reading this, and I pray you can help, even if it's just letting me know if I'm just f---ed. Thanks

-Triadic

I never had any trouble with it. I'm away from that PC right now, but I will check it out and get back to you.

Yes, I was thinking about firmware. Did it just happen? Have you made any other changes to your system?

Well in trying to fix that problem I did upgrade my firmware - which has turned my drive to crap.

I upgraded my firmware from FS02 to FS0K, and it officially turned to crap. It's not dead at all, it just won't read or burn ANYTHING, and causes explorer.exe to stop responding. I still have hope as it's still read as there and responds to "Eject" under rightclick, etc.

I wasn't using crap media, I don't think :lol:

I was using Imation DVD+R 8x media.

I'll try updating my ASPI drivers; I haven't for a couple months. And the drive was set as a master.

Still lost. Thanks everyone for responding.

Edited by Triadic

• 1 month later...
I just bought the SOHW-1693
Me too. 8>)