Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

Slipstreaming SP2

To start your slipstream of Windows XP with SP2 you have to be able to access the DOS command line. Don't be afraid of the command line; just remember that the command line is a "geek's" friend.

Read More

To start your slipstream of Windows XP with SP2 you have to be able to access the DOS command line. Don't be afraid of the command line; just remember that the command line is a "geek's" friend.

Read More

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Bruce. wish I would have read this before I just loaded windows on another computer. I have a question though, you talk about the "bootable CD" part of the XP disk and state "Save it when it asks you to do so, just make sure you know where you are saving it to because you will need it for the next step, burning your Slipstreamed XP SP2 installation CD." but you never bring it up again. Are you supposed to burn that file to the disk too???

You need to know where it is for the "Boot" tab in Nero.

In Nero, select to burn a (CD-ROM) Boot, select image file and browse for the file you saved with ISOBuster. Select Expert Settings, under "Kind of Emulation" select "No Emulation", and change number of loaded sectors to for. See picture below.

13.jpg

Cool, thanks. I missed that... wasn't real clear to me until you spelled it out!!

Read More

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine piece. Very clear. Worked smoothly. Images a real help (though our versions of Nero differed, it was no big deal). Thanks for this! LeBeau

(Found thru Tech Report.)

Glad you liked it. And thx for letting us know how you found us!

Well I have put a disk together. I'll let you know... if I remember... when I use it. You know how it goes when you get old - I may even forget I have the disk! :rolleyes:

You need one of these.