Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

New articles...

I was just thinking... RB has done an incredible job with the Tips for Excel, word, and windows...

Should we combine them into articles for the front page... not only for hits...hits, hits hits, but for exposure too.

We can do a bunch of articles.

Windows XP Tips and Tricks, 1-10

Windows XP Tips and Tricks, 11-20

etc...

Or We can make a special section under articles for this. And have each one its own article. That would make 91 publications alone. The hits would be rolling in!!!

Ways to make windows work for YOU! Tips and Tricks 1-10.

I think people would love it. Plus those types of things are googled like crazy!!!

What you think? The work is already done... all i would have to do is combine them up and publish them... Right now as it sits... there are 91 xp tricks and tips. That makes for nine publications alone!

I've always thought they should be on the front page as quick links anyway, because they are so useful.

Sounds good to me. I've been a little lax in posting them lately. Been busy with work, network problems and a new rig. To be exposed and reviewed soon!

Any ideas on how we are going to handle this? Each one as its own publication? They would be short, but A LOT. Or Group 5 at a time? etc.

Thats a tough call. One at a time would give each one more exposure (ie hits) and none would get lost that way.

Grouping them would be easier but probably produce less hits and not get the maximum exposure.

Search bots finding things would also be better individually.

I'd say individually would be best but group some of the shorter ones maybe.

JS? Whaddya think Joe?

I am down for individual... we can do one every other day.. or whatever...

I don't think I will be able to keep up posting them to the front page! Thats a bunch of work

How should we handle that part?

How should we handle that part?
You're the web guy. You decide. I don't have a clue.

Also I think every 4-5 days would be good. Otherwise we'll run out real fast.

Is there a way to have an opt in email update? You know whenever a new tip is posted an email is sent to subscribers? Just a link not the actual post.

Oh and on a side note I have a bunch of tips for W2K, W2K Server and 2003 Server.

Actually, I think a newsletter would be a good idea for something like tips. I get one from Geeks and Hexus and a couple other places I can't recall at the moment.

Yeah, I have a newsletter capabilities built into each web package. I just have to figure out how to use it.