Merger Of 2 Lo's (Main Thread)

since I opened 4 threads in 4 different sub-forums I am opening this main thread where everyone can reply to the topic of combining 2 Lo's .

For knowing what this thread is all about please refer to the following Links (this link also includes the replies that some lords and Emp's posted on 2 of the above mentioned 4 threads)

I guess I'll pick up where I left off in the branch of the thread on the leadership forum. One of the main considerations to make for consolidating is the progress made on wonders in the various branches.

Here's a breakdown of the progress LO4 has made:

Complete:

• Brace the Walls
  • Trade Envoy
  • Expansion
  • Raise the Colors
  • Reserve Force

In Progress:

• Poison the Well (95% done, just needs an additional 10,800,000 in wood donations to be complete)
  • Kizhi Pogost level 2 (has the stars requirement complete for attacking but still needs most of the 112,000,000 wood donations)

Not Started:

• Advanced Scouting
  • Sound the Alarm
  • Expropriation

Also, if we're trying to get The Leftovers back together into one more active group of players, I could try and pop over to Castle Guardian and see if Bert and Brag would be willing to come back but I'm not really clear on what prompted them to leave to begin with.

Even I was on that point @Sblounskched Wonders progress should be taken into consideration while switching to any 1 Lo !

Unfortunately NONE of the player here REPRESENTS LO 2 :( .. I once saw Kaptain came online to donate troops before I moved to lo4 but didn't got any reply from kaptain maybe he didn't saw the chat or maybe he don't want the merger ??!!? But either way he should have said something

So I just did a little recon work and it looks like LO2 is at the following state with wonders:

Complete:

• Brace the Walls
  • Trade Envoy
  • Advanced Scouting
  • Raise the Colors
  • Poison the Well
  • Reserve Force

In Progress:

• Sound the Alarm (57% complete. Still needs 57,550,000 food donated and 1,589 trebuchet emplacements destroyed)
  • Basilica of San Vitale level 2 (appears to be about 70% complete. I can't see the task breakdown without it being the active wonder but I'm guessing the remaining effort is all in stone donations so I would approximate about 20,000,000 more stone needed to complete it)

Not Started:

• Expansion
  • Expropriation

LO4 should be done with Poison the Well by the end of the month so the only difference in completed wonders will be that LO4 has Expansion and LO2 has Advanced Scouting.

Having spent a couple seasons of league over in GOP who has all of the wonders unlocked, I played around with them and I think the best ones to have on constantly are Brace the Walls, Expansion, and Reserve Force. Expansion is nice as it seems to have had a significant boost to our donations on Poison the Well due to the additional resources being produced.

It seems like Kaptain isn't very active anymore as his last attack was more than 17 days ago even though he's logged in since. He's also handed off the title of Emperor to DioptricHawk089 but Dioptric seems to be out for the week judging by what I saw in chat. We can try to iron out the details with him after he gets back from whatever it is that he's gone for.

I anticipate some of the old LO lords who have been absent will try out Age 10. Let's see who shows up. And then, if this place doesn't liven up when Age 10 hits, then we need to to take action.

If LO2 and LO3 merged and only took the active players, the merged alliance would have about 60,000 crowns, which would be pretty respectable on the leaderboard.

Zoominoes 3668
DioptricHawk089 3495
UpwardHook24574 2986
CPPluss 2357
StarBeast007 2291
The BBQ Kid 2210
MrMickLow 2109
D Quiverby Nash 2036
GoodlyDonkey85 2030
CrossSoup057 1942
SeaRauber 1923
Lowe00700 1771
MeatsaMeatsa 1654
Player#####29 1621
Player#####14 1507
ArcaneGorilla8 1452
Surficial Orb 1349
Lord PairADice 1312
AlfayanMahmud 1288
PlushSky94041 1179
IgneousBody440 1178
InlandTax06765 1168
NorthTripod24 1108
BeMagician 1100
AdjacentSquid70 941
kaptainkronic93 918
SomberDragoon76 918
MeaningKnave0 911
LeeEricson 898
Vishal292 895
yamumma2 847
NebelWerfer81 789
MySlugLikesSalt 773
SasukeUchila792 752
PairADice Angst 742
RainierChrrries 722
Player#####26 706
ScornfulHawk2 701
LeoManoel88 658
Sir Dnarud 613
HBH154 567
Mark.w94 562
ahjojo 503
Srilanken Blood 434
HoneyBee015 414
Random Tranquil 378
Soul Tatoo 310
PinkRex 307
Total Crowns          60,993

I am thinking that active members of LO1 and LO2 should jump ship before they drown and join with us (LO3 & LO4). We could then make 2 active merged teams and 2-3 lower crown, but active teams, depending on who stays with us. I say ditch the inactives, even the founders and leave them in whatever The Leftovers alliance they are in - since they don't seem to want to play. 

Like I said, let's wait until Age 10 hits and see what happens first, but if the maxed out Age 9 players, who quit because they got bored with the game, don't come back and revive The Leftovers, we should all regroup.

I am one of the previous emperors of LO1 (taken over by accident from @starbeast007). Initially, I was with LO2. StarBeast requested a few people to help LO1. So, went to where I am now. I do wish to see the old guys (and girls) back in action. We do have a bunch of inactive players who have been with us for long that makes us hard to kick them out considering the crowns they have. Fortunately, we are full at the moment with a lot of age 3/4/5/6 players joined lately.

So that means only lo2 and 4 are suffering :/ from inactivity issue...so wait does that means only this 2 should be reconstructed or should we construct alliance with higher crowns . What I feel is we have lost the Importance of those numbers after "The Leftovers" Title . LO2 is a dead house (sorry kap) no replies nothing . Lets merge Lo4 and Lo3 (only high crowns player) ..what do you say ? Or let's get our high crowns guy in Lo1 ? (This one should be easy)

4 hours ago, The BBQ Kid said:

How did you revive LO1? I have not seen a thread in the forum for LO1. Are you inviting players from the leagues? Good work guys!

Combination of both. Earlier, I was active recruiting in AOE:CS forum. Then PinkCube has taken over. As mentioned in another thread here, we created a sense of urgency to join us. Once, we had over 30 inactive players. Our active donors, ex: @Byzantiquitus, were bit frustrated with inactive players, because they even spent gold to donate to WS. One of our lords even kicked out players at random (out of frustration). Then, we agreed that all inactives should go. Then, we had a long term plan. We recruited the lower age players who were filled in just to replace the inactive players. They are happy with high level troops in WS, even though, they are hardly attacked in low ages. They also enjoyed the (completed) wonder tasks. Then, we slowly removed the inactives among the new players. We always kept our head count to 48+ all the time to make the plan a bit more effectively. Next step in the plan is to kick out anyone less than 100 crown count, unless they are super-active (and can get past 100 crowns in a few days). Our obvious next step is to kick out anyone less than 300 crowns. However, we are yet to go there. Then 500 crowns, then 1k crowns. We may not achieve this in a month or in a year. Just sharing what we planned. We can never predict the future.

Thanks @starbeast007. Yes, as mentioned already, most of our players are new to AOE:CS and some can't even learn from their attacks (or from their defensive loses). I can help reviving LO2, if it is dead. I was originally destined for LO2!

Hello people:  I must say that I have been blessed by a great crew in LO1.  If you are wondering how it was done, it was the LO1 Lords.  

As you might have noticed, my attacks are poor at best....not even 20% win.  I am not much of a model for attacking.

If there is an issue in me stepping aside for the benefit of the LO or just LO1, that is OK.  My emperor's assignment was to be temporary.  (We even talked about rotating the emperor's post at the beginning.)

We have a great defense system....with members around the globe who give us almost 24 hour coverage of donations for relief.d  And we emphasize Raiders, Major Knights, and Knights Templar unless someone requests another mix.

I know the game is not about defense.  Perhaps a more aggressive emperor is needed?  They say when the emperor is weak, the tea must be strong.

In any event, let me know my assignment from the group.  I genuinely like the leadership team and my LO1 team mates.  If I need to rotate out, that is OK.  I am happy being a member of the Team.

Cheers!  Byzan

@Byzantiquitus When we make an aggressive player (or a player with the highest crowns) as emperor, it gives a false sense of feeling that anyone can become emperor just using crowns. It can also lead to bad leadership.

As a person who has multiple alt accounts, I have seen a lot of emperors losing their (die-hard) lords due to their attitude towards other players and lords. In one alliance, the other lords (and nobles) formed a similar alliance (with the same name) and then went on to overcome the original alliance in terms of overall crown count. I think it is "Indian Emperors 5" or "United India 5".

You deserve the emperorship. You have done some unique things (such as switching tasks regularly) that helped to speed up the overall progress of our alliance.

But, if you think you need a break, consider @titoqan for emperorship. Please never make that short-tempered lord as emperor.

Thank you Tiny.  I am not a quitter, but I am a team player.  I want the LO and of course LO1 to succeed.  When the leadership group decides someone else can do better, I step aside.  My thoughts are to use LO1 as an introductory group, and encourage new younger level troops to grow and perhaps move on to a more powerful LO unit.  With my ability to give them more powerful defense troops, they don't have to worry that another castle at their level will just beat them up.   They have us to back them up!  Cheers!  Have fun everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Well gang, Age X is here, so it's time to do something. LO3 has room for 7 active players, without asking anyone to move. LO2 & LO4 have about 10 active players each. I don't want to steal active players from another LO alliance but I do want to throw a life preserver to those active players who love The Leftovers. I could probably go over and convince a few players to move, but I don't want to torpedo LO2 or LO4. I do think that the active members of LO2 & LO4 deserve better than what I saw last weekend when I was traveling. The watch signals were empty and chat was stale.

My options are to either recruit active members from LO2 & 4, or go back to the AoE form and recruit like LO1 did using the leagues to invite random, unaffiliated people. I would prefer to take active players from LO because they are proven, but I want you LO2 & LO4 players to decide. I don't want to destroy an alliance if you have hopes of rebuilding it, but I think you should ditch the dead weight and join us.

Your other option would be to kick all inactive players and merge LO2&4.

Talk it over in chat and let me know what you decide.

I am with you bbq. 

No point having half active, half full alliances, when we could combine and have a strong alliance. These are going to be hard work to revive and if no one is taking the reigns to do so, then making one alliance that is strong, then we have A few stronger ones that we can use to potentially rebuild the others slowly. Not sure that makes perfect sense, but it did in my head. 

Anyway, I am keen to have fewer stronger alliances rather than many weaker ones. I would love to see the strong ones attract more players that would one day lead to the abandoned ones being revived.

thats my view anyway

I want to make sure everyone knows that the active players in these alliances are fine lords. I just don't think it is fair to expect them to try to revive the alliance on their own, unless they feel called to try. It is a LOT of work and I don't want to lose them, like we have lost MikeR210 and many others.