No network?? Local or internet

Rbreb13

I can't seem to get any kind of network connection (no local or internet) at all on my PC-DL (specs in sig). It was working fine and then all of a sudden I can't connect. There was a very slight power outage at the time this happened. I use a UPS but the outage was just a split second, twice (my TV didn't even shut off). The onboard Intel doesn't work, different NIC's don't work, tried Realtek, Netgear and Linksys, different cables, connected to modem without router and with, auto settings and manual, etc. Did a repair install of Windows, a fresh install of Windows and nothing has worked. My connection is fine.

Using the same cable and connecting to a different computer works fine.

Its really wierd that even different NIC's won't work either. The PCI slots do work I've tested them.

I'm at a total loss now, any suggestions? RMA may be my only option if I can undo the mods.

Have you checked the traces on the board? Could be one of them got fried.

I will when I pull it and install another one.Probably Labor day weekend.

But still that doesn't answer the question of why NIC cards won't work. I'm completely baffled by that! I have another NIB PC-DL sitting here already. I was going to build a file server but..........

is the onboard lan enabled?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes

I'm haven't had time to mess with it lately. I've already spent several hours dicking with it. I'll probly try a few other things this weekend, time permitting.

try disabling the onboard and using a card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been there, done that. 3 different cards even, still a no-go.