I will post this on the AoE forum tonight. Please add provide any feedback in the comments below...

You want to know the history of The Leftovers? Well this is what our first emperor, KJB1873, said when he was asked about it in one of our forums:

"It is a funny story. Because we were pretty much the last active players of Hylian Legion 2. So when we decided to leave the alliance, we tried to figure in a name that matched what we were. I liked the name "Remnants of Hylian Legion 2," but the name wouldn't fit. Bruceleeon came up with the idea to call us "Leftovers" and the name stuck. Any further details as to the inspiration of the name must be gathered from Bruce."

The Leftovers

Byzantiquitus, Emperor

Founding Members:

• KJB1873, Elected Emperor

• Bruceleeon, Webmaster

• Sleezly

• RiskPremium

• hellboy0369

• Ghost10221987

• SnowingGoblin89

The Leftovers 2

Kaptain Kronic, Elected Emperor

The Leftovers 3

The BBQ Kid, Elected Emperor
Current Emperor - Varies and is shared between the lords

The Leftovers 4

MikeR210, Elected Emperor
Sblounskched, Emperor

The Leftovers 5

Starbeast007, Elected Emperor
MiddleAged Guy, Vice Emperor

My stint with The Leftovers began In March 2015, just after AoE Patch 1.6 introduced relief troops in the Watch Signal, forcing me to join an alliance. KJB1873 had posted a nice invitation on the forums. This was the only way to find an alliance at the time. The leaderboard was the other, but the Top 200 teams were always full, or exclusive. Here’s a short timeline.

• March 19, 2015 - Bruceleeon set up the team forums at http://forums.computingondemand.com/forum/140-the-leftovers/

• March 25, 2015 - LO2 was formed, Kaptain Kronic, Elected Emperor

• April 19, 2015 - LO3 was formed, The BBQ Kid, Elected Emperor

• June 22, 2015 - LO4 was formed, Mike R210, Elected Emperor

• August 30, 2015 - LO5 was formed, Starbeast007, Elected Emperor

• March 6, 2016 - LO5 was put into hibernation and the members dispersed to the other branches to help with overall activity

Early on, we had leadership meetings in a private chat room every Sunday afternoon to discuss important topics, and crack jokes. Between the forums and the chat room, we all stayed on the same page.

One of the things that sets us apart from all other alliances is that we don’t have a crown based ranking system. For example; LO3 is just the third franchise. This is why you will see LO4, LO2, or LO3 in the leaderboard, but may not see original “The Leftovers”. We are all brother alliances, not ranked in any particular order. In fact many times we have sent lords over to other LO alliances to help out with donations, or to boost the crown count if needed.

Please like this post if you have ever been in LO. I would like to see some old names.

Edited by Sblounskched
Adding LO5 stuff
On 5/18/2015 at 11:59 PM, KJB1873 said:

It is a funny story. Because we were pretty much the last active players of Hylian Legion 2. So when we decided to leave the alliance, we tried to figure in a name that matched what we were. I liked the name "Remnants of Hylian Legion 2," but the name wouldn't fit. Bruceleeon came up with the idea to call us "Leftovers" and the name stuck. Any further details as to the inspiration of the name must be gathered from Bruce.

The above post was from a conversational post in which Bert the First asked how the leftovers started.

I had been playing since the day CS was released and was working up my merry way, slowly.  The whole Alliance thing was, in my opinion, something for the hard core players, which is something I'm not and so didn't feel the need to join one.  Then the Watch Signal update came down and motivated me to find one to join.  I checked out a couple but no one was chatting or donating and so bounced around until I found the LO Alliances.  They weren't high pressure crown ho's; just wanted to have fun playing - my kinda place.  LO1 was way out of my league since I only had like 250c at the time.  LO2 had a "<200"c requirement so I purposely lost battles to get my crowns below 200 to join (I know, didn't make sense to me but that's their rules, right?).  Had a rough patch winning crowns there in April 2015.  One day someone said I didn't have enough c, to go to the newly created LO3 and kicked me.  I'm like WTF?!  The "<" is a less than sign!  OK, fine!  So, a little chaffed, I joined LO3 to see what's up.  I think I was #17 to join. Well, BBQ and everyone was really cool and helpful and have been ever since.  So, this is home and you'll have to pry my cold, dead mouse from my hand.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it. =D

Edited by dnarud13

BBQ, should we be reviving the "History of LO" Word document? Maybe make it available (at least in read-only form) to everyone? It even contains history from KJB and MikeR210. You should also be writing something in there... So long as you don't get sauce on it :P

Edited by blulitangel