Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

DVD Backups

SO, what are you guys using today for backing up your DVD's?

Right now i am trying out DVDShrink. Any other recommendations?

DVDDecrypter, TMPGencPlus, TMPGenc DVD Author, AVI MPEG ASF WMV Splitter are what I use along with DVD Shrink of course. Shrink is a neccesity.

I use shrink and dvd decrypter. I use shrink most of the time unless it has problems with a dvd, then I make an iso with decrypter. When I use shrink all I do is insert the blank into the writer and the full dvd into my dvd-rom, fire up shrink, click on open disc and let it do its thing. Once its done analyzing the disc, i hit backup and away we go, simple as that. Another proggie I find very handy is Winavi. It is a converter program. No matter what type of video file you have (avi, wmv, mpg, etc.) it can convert it to any other format. I also have copies of Clone DVD/CD which I use once in a while. SPeaking of this topic, I am ordering a new burner, NEC ND3520 for $48. It does 16x8x16 and 4xDL, check out dvdrhelp.com and you'll see its rated #1. I am also picking up the Plextor COnvertx PX-AV100U to help me capture video from VHS, analog camcorder, etc. I am getting swamped with requests from peeps wanting to transfer their old movies to DVD. It's a very lucrative sideline.

I've got a program called "I copy DVDs 2" and it works great. Very simple to use, basically one step. I got it on surpluscomputers.net for about $15.

Yeah, but shrink is free. I do like free.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

I used to use dvdxcopy, but the feds shut them down so no updates anymore.

I didn't like DVDXCopy... sometimes it didn't work well. I have shrink as well, but it always gave me trouble too. Maybe I don't know how to use it, but I like one step stuff... Mine asks, "do you want to copy DVD in "F" drive" and I say "OK" and poof, it does it's stuff!

Free is good, $15 for simplicity for my old brain is better!!!!

Heck, 15 bux is cheap for software that actually works!!!

Does the company offer a free trial? I would like to sample it. I personally have been using shrink, but I don't really have much of a need right now because I have no time. If you haven't noticed, we haven't even posted a review in 2 months. (I am working on one though)

Does the company offer a free trial?  I would like to sample it.  I personally have been using shrink, but I don't really have much of a need right now because I have no time.  If you haven't noticed, we haven't even posted a review in 2 months.  (I am working on one though)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well send me a New Mobo and Athlon 64 with memory and I'll review it. ;):P

I don't know if they do free trial or not. I got mine from surpluscomputers.net that's the best I can tell you.

didn't know there were that many options of the software out there. I have the Standard Edition software, it works well.

I am trying to get in a review copy of the top of the line version.

Lol, sent them a request for a review copy. They told me to download the trial available on the website. It's a fully functional copy, just time limited.

duface... lol. I think I will stick to shrink and decryptor. I haven't really had the time to mess with them, let alone undertake another software package.

Well, I went ahead and downloaded the trial. i will give it a go and see what I think.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this