Well, it seems that I will not be able to use my ULTRA X connect Power supply for my new rig. After looking at the box for a while, and realizing that most SLI boards REQUIRE if not recommend using a 24pin power connection; which my Ultra X is lacking, I have decided to get rid of it.

Now, here is my problem... This thing is UNOPENED and my purchase price was 129.99.

What should I do?

Wowsa! Have you tried ebay? Hit up all the website forums you frequent and see which ones have a sell section. Also, post it on here.

Can you return it?

send it to me and I'll review it. :P

problem is junior, I would like to recoop some money from it. I will let it go for no less than 90. Thats a lot less then what I paid for it, and about the cheapes i have found it.

problem is junior, I would like to recoop some money from it.  I will let it go for no less than 90.  Thats a lot less then what I paid for it, and about the cheapes i have found it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was kidding.

Lemme see what I can do, it may take two weeks form friday, but I'll see if I can't grab it from ya for 100, which is right in between what you paid for, well almost.

Is that ok for you?

if it is, I need a new PS anyways.

Upon furthur inspection and research... they make a 24 pin adapter for the X-Connect, and also, PCI Express power connections. I might be able to use it after all!!! - We shall see.

Junior, I would love for you to do a PSU review for us, but before I have one sent to you, I need to know if you have a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) and know how to use it. If you do, I will start sending out requests for Power Supplies right away! Not many people like to do PSU reviews because Motherboard Monitor doesn't really cut the cheese for real readings, if you know what I mean.

Upon furthur inspection and research... they make a 24 pin adapter for the X-Connect, and also, PCI Express power connections.  I might be able to use it after all!!!  - We shall see. 

Junior, I would love for you to do a PSU review for us, but before I have one sent to you, I need to know if you have a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) and know how to use it.  If you do, I will start sending out requests for Power Supplies right away!  Not many people like to do PSU reviews because Motherboard Monitor doesn't really cut the cheese for real readings, if you know what I mean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can get one, as for how to use it, you do know who you are talking to right??

I can make a toaster Speak the alphabet. :P

• 5 months later...

Good luck with it. The quality when they first came out was really good. But now that Tiger has been farming out to the lowest bidder the quality seems to have taken a nosedive from what I've read.

How much could it have diminished? Unless they have changed their production (which would be costly) or went to some cheaper components, it may seem that the hype has worn off. Not saying this is the case, but maybe we had some cases of favorable reviews.

I am going to see if I have some change in my pocket to pick this up and review it. That is the only way I will know for sure about the quality claims some sites may or may not have with this product.

Now if I could just find a resonably priced Multimeter...

Yeah, they have competition now and have had to cut back on the quality part.

• 1 month later...

Hate to say but....................told ya! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I am experimenting with a new Enermax PSU... so far i like it. I don't know if I will ever be a fan of the modular psu's again. Tried it. I think a decent builder can hide the cables he doesn't need and route the ones he does properly.

I tell ya, after Rb got me on using colored electrical tape that's what I use now. It's very inexpensive and does the trick nicely.

• 9 months later...

I haven't touched it since i put it back in the box. Yeah, it was the X-Connect. Right now I am using a mix of Enermax, Silverstone and Antec PSU's in my rigs. The X-Connect will sit miserably on my shelf until I find a home for it. It was the fuse inside that popped, replaced it, haven't tested yet.