• 4 weeks later...

The only "strategy" we could try to give us any chance of placing for the alliance would be to intentionally drop below 45k crowns which might be difficult considering we're currently at 59k. I think we just need to try and get up closer to 90k as a group and then we can start competing in these leagues. We're just in a really bad spot as far as the distinctions between leagues go.

Everybody drop crowns and save your gold! Start collecting and get maxed on food. That way when next league starts - everyone will be loaded with Food and Gold to be able to gain crowns at a good rate.

Doing this should help win the Champion League (between 17.5K crowns and 45K crowns).

That or more players increase crowns to get total around 80+K crowns and have a chance at winning a Noble League.

15 hours ago, Sblounskched said:

The only "strategy" we could try to give us any chance of placing for the alliance would be to intentionally drop below 45k crowns which might be difficult considering we're currently at 59k. I think we just need to try and get up closer to 90k as a group and then we can start competing in these leagues. We're just in a really bad spot as far as the distinctions between leagues go.

lol getting closer to 90k is much tougher than falling to 45k ..well I agree lo4 is really in a bad spot ...ALL I CAN SAY IS DEVS HAVE CREATED THE WORST LEAGUES SYSTEM !!

14 hours ago, MikeR210 said:

Everybody drop crowns and save your gold! Start collecting and get maxed on food. That way when next league starts - everyone will be loaded with Food and Gold to be able to gain crowns at a good rate.

Doing this should help win the Champion League (between 17.5K crowns and 45K crowns).

That or more players increase crowns to get total around 80+K crowns and have a chance at winning a Noble League.

here is what i can do to help if we do according to mike's idea than i can gain 3-4k crowns more during the leagues ...Everyone state below how much crowns do you think u can gain during the leagues so that we can proceed with this plain !!

if i dropped down both acc i think i coud probably gain 3-4 k on bailey possibly the same on gizmo acc ( might be pushing it trying both though :P) hardest part would be working out how many crowns we would need to lose, as were currently at 59,678 and if a couple more join that would push us up to over 60k. 15k plus crowns is a fair bit to lose, unless a few leave and rejoin after so there crowns don't count for that league. 

and agree the current system of 45 - 90k is an absolute crazy gap, and shows the devs really don't seem to grasp there own crown system.

I can drop 1-1.2K crowns quite easily and regain 2 odd k. I would recommend that we lose a few of the inactive players the day of the league restarting (with proper announcements/ suuport) adn get them back as soon as the league restarts. Their crowns wont count for winning, but that is something we can handle with the active ones. 

Getting to 90K will take a lot of recruiting for players who havent maxed their crown count yet. Dropping is easier in my opinion

But next quesiton - is it worth it?

• 5 months later...

How it's going guys ?

Long time no see.I saw bbq' post a few day back and so I thought to ask U guys of the progress in game.whats your progress in league and is the task in game completed?

What's your guys status in leadership board? How are the player doing in game? Is the present shim active in game and chatty like I used to be.i s sb still busy with crown hunt and what's Mike status?

I have alot of questions but for now please enlighten me on the above query I have.

happy hunting

Hey, Goofy. Long time, no see.

I can't speak on behalf of the other LO branches but I know LO4 has still been chugging away working on wonders while the amount of chatting has died off. We're 9 food donations away from finishing Expansion and 122 wood donations away from wrapping up Poison the Well. As for leagues, we haven't really done much as an alliance after dropping crowns intentionally for one season below 45k and completely destroying the competition in a Champion league.

There haven't really been any developments in the leadership team since attendance was so dismal for the meetings.

Mike talked a few of us into heading over to GoP for a few seasons of league to help them push for the top of the leaderboard. It was fun but exhausting to try and keep my crowns over 7k for an extended period of time. I don't know how Gizmo/Bailey manages it on multiple accounts. Mike was still somewhat active for a while after his retirement but I think he's mostly just playing casually for now. As for me, I haven't actually been trying to gain crowns for a month or so now, just resources to help with wonder donations. The crowns I have are just a side-effect from those attacks. :D

hello from the leftovers,

we too, not pressing forward for a league win, but are working on wonder donations. Currently building kizhi (only need wood) 90% and Basilica is at 63% (50% stone done). We have built and upgraded all of tower of London.

come on over if you want to see how things are going. Byzantiquitus is doing a good job as Emperor.

Titoqan :-)

LO3 is actually doing as well as we have ever been. We have been hitting the recruiting forums to load up the alliance and had some good new players join. Chat is really active. I worry about the Leftovers as a whole. There are good and active lords in each, but maybe we should downsize again. Concentrate the lords from LO1, 2, & 4, or maybe just a couple. If we don't do something, you guys are going to eventually lose enough people that you can't hold together.

hi goofy. sorry not visited forum for ages :) 

yeah chugging away in alliance, but we lost a few good players all around same time, so chat and activity in alliance isn't the same as it was.

and sb its easy maintaining multi acc with crowns, you just get no sleep, no time to do anything else and become a mental and physical wreck within days :D 

and yeah BBQ I think consolidation could be an option again. Seems most branches are suffering with  in actives again. but good to see LO3 is doing ok  :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for going off-topic. Every alliance (even those in the leaderboard) is going to suffer from inactives at some point. That's why it is important to give space for new players (even those who start from Age 1). We have been recruiting new players for the past couple of months or so and it's been working well so far. Some of them became good attackers and are in age 7+ now, with a reasonable crown count. Having such players isn't going to cost anything for an alliance (such as troop donations towards the Watch Signal, because they don't get attacked as often as age 8+ players). We always maintain 48+ players in the alliance so that it gives a sense of urgency for new players to join. Every league, we do see a lot of players going out voluntarily and then some joining in their place. It's been fun brining up new players. We learn a bit from them too.