Linksys Wireless G question

IntellAlien

I just bought Linksys Wireless G router WRT54G. My question is how do you setup to block your neighbours use your router to get access to the internet. THanks

I heard someone talk about WEP. How do you enable it. Sorry for asking alot because I'm new to this thing. Please help. THanks again.

Edited by IntellAlien

Throught the router IP, by default you can access the controls for the router at 192.168.1.1 and the password is admin.

In there, change wep to mandatory and get the key. Next I would change the SSID from Linksys to something you want it to be and turn off broadcasting. That should help you out a little.

What he said.

And for a more in depth look: www.practicallynetworked.com

I was gonna provide that exact link, RB. It has been great for me.

Yeah if you can't find something about what you're trying to do there. Chances are it can't be done.

Ok I enabled WEP and changed SSID, but how come my other computer could see linksys SSID (default) :o and sometimes it connected to that linksys with 18 Mbps. I have to disconnect it and connected it back with my SSID and I got 54 Mbps. It used for a while then it disconnected, then it reconnected to linksys again with 18 Mbps. Do you know why ??? :(

I don't know how to explain it to you. An image is worth a thousand words. I try my best to describe it. I hope you guys understand What I'm talking about

Edited by IntellAlien