glitches R9600xt

Specs? What games? DX Diag tests? Game patches? What drivers? OC'd?

MORE INFO!!!!

More than likely a heat issue, I get it when playing doom3, even at my default core speeds, Just need to make sure your Circulating air in the case properly. But like RB, we need more info. What your running when it shows up, Are you overclocking? all these are really needed when trying to troubleshoot a Video card problem. System specs are a plus.

no no i think you hit it right on, i've noticed alot of heat problems with my computer, but i never thought the videocard was one of them. then again it could be my cpu which is *suppoudly* running at 72C even though i got a kick ass spire cooler (rated for prescott, on a 2ghz) i tried overclocking my card once, for one day for maybe 2 hours, never did it again after that. my only overclock. yeilded no results.

2ghz p4

512 sd ram

ax4bs pro mobo

r9600 xt

WD 80gig 7200 8mb

windows XP home

3800 on 3d2003

8900 or something on 2001

72C thats way to hot. What kind of thermal paste did you use?

my dad mixed the new thermal and old thermal and i have no idea how to open my case because its a cheap ass 5$ one. so i keep bugging my dad and if he doesnt fix it i'll xut my friggin case open and take off the old stuff and put on new (btw, he said he put PLENTY on, mixing old and new and putting plenty on.... thats bad right? about how much should you put on and how should you spread it. i'll friggin do it myself)

Wowsa! Plenty is prolly way too much. All you need is a very thin layer. I wear latex gloves and apply a tiny drop to my fingertip. I use my finger to spread it over the core. I can almost see the stepping on the core when I am done. That's how thin the layer should be.

Use a baggy.

first of all whats a baggy, and second of all after all the time i've spent learning about computers i dont know howto to take off the heatsink... its a copperstream II (spire) can someone tell me how? (its got like 2 metal barish things, one on each side with handles at one end of each of them) (the D-word) someone help please

Whats a baggy??? :lol: What do you put leftovers and sandwiches or yer weed in?

Heres a site with tutorials for installing heatsinks and stuff. Just use in reverse but it'll show you how.

Video Tutorials

hehe you mean a brown bag? or a plastic bag. anyway i removed the old crap with a paper towel and to my surprise it hink theres a sticker on my processor, right below its specs its got a 7number code on it... should that be there?

by the way i really appreciate your help

sorry i havent been on lately... daoc, CS:S, halflife 2 coming out, anime addictions, found out a great site to *CENSORED* games from bittorent too... which i have not used because i am a honest person...right lol

Edited by hunter-killer25

Most likely yes. Removing it will void your warranty.

Plastic!

ok i applied it with a latex glove (remembered i had 100 pairs of them) and i also found out i had only a drop of thermal compound left.

but thats all you need right? its still semi transparent (the thermal compound is solid white color) i can still sorta see the processor thats good right?

yes its a very thin layer but even if i didnt put enough on... less is better than about 5 grams of the crap right?

Edited by hunter-killer25

Sounds like just about right.