Mamluk Boost with Charlemange exploit?

Watch ShadierTundra11's last cav rush attack. He is in LO5. He used cav, Knight Templars, and Mamluks. After taking the keep the cav and KTs went about their business, but the Mamluks kept hitting building after building with the kapow boost!

Have you ever seen this happen before? How can we recreate it and use it each time? KaptainKronic should love this one!

That's an odd one indeed.  It looked like the Mams lost the buff briefly and then got it back again.  Normally there's a flash when units buffed by Charle attack something.  Immediately after the Keep went down the Mams took out two buildings on either side of the hole in the wall.  From what I saw, there was no flash when they attacked those two buildings, but there was a flash with everything else they attacked afterwords.

Edited by Shacronire

Good eye, Sir. I wonder if it happened because the Mamluks were hitting the keep before he used the ability. Would someone who has an alt like to experiment with this? It would be a great hack if we can get it to work, especially if we can target an outside tower early on and have supermams for the rest of the battle.

Looking at the replay, it's hard to tell if they're actually getting any sort of bonus damage or if it's just doing a weird explosion animation when they hit stuff.  I'm basing my guess on how long it took them to take out that archer tower.  It seems like it should have gone down almost instantly with boosted attack.

Edited by Sblounskched

I talked to kap today in game chat.  According to him this is a rare, but regular occurrence.  Also it can apparently happen to any horse unit, not just Mams.

3 hours ago, Sblounskched said:

Looking at the replay, it's hard to tell if they're actually getting any sort of bonus damage or if it's just doing a weird explosion animation when they hit stuff.  I'm basing my guess on how long it took them to take out that archer tower.  It seems like it should have gone down almost instantly with boosted attack.

You could be right, but I think it's worth noting that Mams do pathetic damage to towers normally.  I could see them performing poorly against towers, even with a buff.

Edited by Shacronire