Coaching

urmommatoo

Folks, in LO4 right now we have 10 shims below the min crown limit of 250 crowns. A few of them are strategic shims helping us wtih wonders I guess, but a bunch are serious shims. I think Lords should actively try and coach them ! If they dont respond to coaching i.e. dont try, then we should boot them. 

Spinnaker and a few others have responded very well to coaching and advice in the past. I am hoping that will happen here too. Only concern would be will Shims feel bad about being called out in the chat/ forum. 

Thoughts?

LO 5, the training wing for the leftovers, has openings. It might be a good solution for these types of problems. We also have some shims over the 250 limit that might be of help to LO4.

I was just considering this earlier today so I'm glad you brought it up.  I think we need to make a push to get some of our lower crown players more engaged.

I agree about booting players that don't respond to coaching and try to improve.  Putting in the effort is more important than the actual results in my opinion.

Looking at the players toward the bottom of the crown counts, some need some help with their defensive layout just as much as they need advice on attack strategies.  I think if we want to continue to grow as an alliance, we need to be able to nurture these players and help them to improve.

Thanks Reindance

SB - lets start a forum post on defensive feedback for the lower shims. We can post specific instructions to them and not worry about it getting lost on chat? It will also have our sample layouts or links there. 

Another option is to just include it in the Age 6/ 7 strategy posts I have made. Let me know what you think

Totally agree with the idea of swapping LO4 <250 crowns with LO5 >250 crowns.  That makes a lot of sense.

I am happy to help anyone.  Anyone under about 75% win ratio could use basic tactics improvement and the first thing I would always do is get them to read http://bit.do/aoeinfo and sub-links.  That is much more comprehensive than I can explain over chat.

If people aren't chatting normally then calling them out on chat or the forum I don't think is going to do much.  There must be a reason they don't chat, so getting them to engage anywhere is going to be an issue...

I think we need to be more diligent on our homework when accepting new people into the alliance.

For example, new recruit lordsmiter hasn't attacked anyone in the last 219 days.  I don't see how they can be an active member of our alliance if they never attack.  we need help with building wonders and all of the tasks involve either donating resources or attacking something....

Can we establish a process/criteria for accepting new people into the alliance for lords to follow?  Such as:

> 250 crowns

> 10 attacks in the last 30 days

> 50% win ratio in last 10 attacks

...just as examples

4 hours ago, AL997 said:

I think we need to be more diligent on our homework when accepting new people into the alliance.

For example, new recruit lordsmiter hasn't attacked anyone in the last 219 days.  I don't see how they can be an active member of our alliance if they never attack.  we need help with building wonders and all of the tasks involve either donating resources or attacking something....

Can we establish a process/criteria for accepting new people into the alliance for lords to follow?  Such as:

> 250 crowns

> 10 attacks in the last 30 days

> 50% win ratio in last 10 attacks

...just as examples

I like your idea

I agree that actively attacking is important and something we should use in determining whether or not to let a new player join.

As for the 250 crowns, I've accepted a few players that were below that mark because it seemed like they had the potential to reach it fairly quickly with a little advice (based on looking at their layout and attack logs).  PridedZeus57395 is a good example of this as shim has been in the alliance for 8 days and is already up to 305 crowns.

I think the 50% win ratio for the past 10 attacks is a good idea in concept but I say it boils down to more of a judgement call of the player accepting the request to join.  I trust everyone who has been given Lordship in the alliance to assess potential candidates and make the decision to accept or decline.  The worst thing that can happen is that the player winds up donating level 1 spearmen to everybody. :P  The best thing that can happen, however, is that we find promising new talent and help them to learn and enjoy the game more.

Agreed !! On the movement bit, I think we need to do the following movements 

#1. Move to LO5 so ask those guys to invite them

• Player179 (132 cr) (active but needs hand-holding; hasnt responded to chat that I can see)
  • Mega Matia (177 cr) not responding to chat
  • Player817 (184 cr) needs attack coaching

#2. Give warning but not kick out

• Oriental character name: Needs to up game in attack and do some defence changes. Should give warning
  •  

#3. Kick out 

• Lordsmiter -- no activity; was told to get active when joined, get him out

Thoughts?

never mind reindence

LO 4 & LO 5 I was thinking now as LO 1,2,4 r in leaderboard we should help LO 3 make it to leaderboard too.So i was thinking that LO 5 could send some players to LO3 or it could be done in other way that u send game F247k here in LO 4 and i join LO 3 & recruite new player for the alliance .

Edited by Goofy Panda Z

hmm then I am in dilemma of what to do bcoz we r full and even if I go to LO 3 I need someone to compensate for my crown in LO 4 and if plushy want he can join LO 3 right away if he/she wants bcoz the more help the better

Edited by Goofy Panda Z

I just kicked Player179011820 as shim has fallen close to 115 crowns and has failed to reach out for help.  Feel free to send shim an invite.  We also recently kicked a player by the name lordsmiter as it's been 220+ days since they last attacked.  Again there was a lack of communication when we tried to reach out in chat.

If there are any players that want to come over to LO4, let me know so we can arrange a good time for the transition.