Alright guys, am getting ready to age up to 7 in a few days. Would love some tips from the stars here on what should be my first order of business. Planning on upgrading Ballistas, archery towers to lv 6 & Catapults to lv 2 before leveling up. Does that make sense?

Key questions

• When do I really need to uprade the defences?
  • Best new forces added? Grenadiers? Or others?
  • What is the right resource level for max upgrades in the first few weeks of lv 7? For e.g. it was 225K in lv 6

Thanks

I would suggest u to upgrade your archer tower first and then go for cannon tower along with lvl 2 treb.

in troops u should go for champion for meat shield along with treb , templar and grenadier.

I think your should upgrade all lumberyard slowly but at end or mid of age 7.

this is as per my experience but u will get more ideas for other experienced shim.

I agree with Panda.  

Attack:

Champions as meat shields are pretty darn useful.  Trebs become the muscle of invading forces, so upgrading them should be a priority (as well as meat shields to keep the trebs alive).  Archers and crossbowmen no longer have much use (at least in my hands).  Templars are great, Grens nice.  Get your good heros up the highest level you can (and of course have that 2nd hero slot unlocked).  Max out your army camps.  Might be more important than any other upgrade.

Defense:

Here is where I might disagree with Panda somewhat. I'm not sure if maxing it out is necessary, but definitely, the Archer towers are your backbone.  I was slow upgrading them on my main account and regretted that later.  Max them out.  Ballistas, handy to upgrade, but I might do my Crossbow towers first. 

Alright guys, am getting ready to age up to 7 in a few days. Would love some tips from the stars here on what should be my first order of business. Planning on upgrading Ballistas, archery towers to lv 6 & Catapults to lv 2 before leveling up. Does that make sense?

Key questions

• When do I really need to uprade the defences?
  • Best new forces added? Grenadiers? Or others?
  • What is the right resource level for max upgrades in the first few weeks of lv 7? For e.g. it was 225K in lv 6

Thanks

IMO...definitely get Grenadiers. Upgrade Trebs, increase Army camp one at a time...

Because as you get to Age 7 and higher, having a good attack will be key to accumulating resources. Winning on defense, you will realize won't be as important as in earlier Ages. Once you accumulate lots of resources and want to keep them - you will slowly welcome that long PT. Ride them out - let your economy try to recover any losses.

As far as Def...do Towers or emplacements one at a time. Archers are probably easiest to upgrade because they require a lesser amount of stone and upgrade time is faster.

So I'd do Archers first...then maybe try Ballista's. You can get away with Crossbow/Flame Towers not maxed out for your Age - so maybe save them for last.

Emplacements - one at a time - but if you upgrade a Treb Emplacement - make sure you are also NOT upgrading a Ballista. Vice versa - if you upgrade a Ballista - DO NOT upgrade a Treb emplacement at the same time.

heh heh, I first used this name when I was new to Halo back in the day. It was awesome trash talking 14 yr old kids (via the chat/ headset) that urmomma was kicking their butt OR you dont want to hit urmomma OR urmomma gonna spank you...you get the drift !! Just stuck with it since then ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, thanks for the tips.

Question: Guard House vs. Other defensive forces. most of my archery towers are at max - 1 & all Ballistas/ Catapults/Crossbow @ lv 2. I dont get attacked much right now but am guessing that will change soon when I increase my power level to go after bigger opponents.

Summary of what I have done till now (4-5 days into Age 7)

Resources: Have reached 500K in resources and locking it in at this level for a bit. Had maxed farms, etc at Age 6 so also not upgrading them now till I get my attack figured out

Attack: Upgrading Trebs & Pikemen. Unlocked Grenadiers though not sure how to use them in attack yet, need some figuring out to be done. Next step is upgrading Cavalry & Longbowmen which have become the main stays of my attack. Also, they can be done simultaneously (food vs. wood) so makes sense. Will upgrade Champions after atleast 1 cavalry upgrade is done. 

Defence: Added the new catapult/Canon tower. Upgraded(/ing) both to level 2 & also working on the Archery towers. Most probably will keep using stone for now and keep Wood for the attack & resource upgrades. 

• 2 weeks later...

(age 7, cr 1410)

More updates on the Age 7 strat I am using. Feel free to weigh in on next steps. 

- Been heavily focused on getting my special troops up to lv 3 (KT, Longbowmen, Mams) after the initial upgrades to Cav, Treb, Pikemen & Champions.

- Resources are the ones to juggle, upgraded one of my silos so now total capacity is 6.15 which allows me to upgrade my army camps ! Wood capacity stays at 500K till I upgrade all army camps with my food. Then I move to upgrading wood resource structures. 

- Defences keep getting upgraded with stone right now as Food/ Wood being used for troops and offensive structures. Most ballistas are lv 3 by now. 

- Walls: I wanted tougher opponents so moving them up to lv 6 gradually. 

Next step in learning: how to use meat shields better. I am too dependent on key hero combos for now. My go-to hero combos btw --> Martel + Nevsky; Conrad + Saladin; Beli + Edward. Want a 4th which will require me to use meat shields better

u can try henry lvl 3 + winrich or henry + joan i find them useful combination too..also some odd combinations i tried were rurik lvl 3 + winrich they r good too...2 strikes of rurik cn bring down flame tower nd winrich is most useful where towers r crowded...

Meat shields in Age 7 - use 3 trebs, 8-ish champions, 4 KTs, and a couple of treb defenders (like the fire guys or cavs), plus anything else you fancy.  If you add Saladin and Nike - you have 5 trebs total !

Choose a castle with a keep fairly close to one of the outer walls and attack from there.  Kite away ground troops and test for fire traps.

Start by attacking the piece of wall you want to get rid of first with 1 champs troop, then behind it place a treb aiming at the same piece of wall.  Once that goes down move one thing closer with another champ squad and treb.  If you are feeling brave you can do this in parallel along the same wall side - 3 trebs and 3 'meat'.  Never attack at a corner, always along a side wall, no mater how tempting.

Keep moving inwards taking out nearest towers as you go.  Once some walls are down I usually send in about 7 laddermen for emplacements, then 4 TKs to go after ballista.  I usually prioritize near flame towers before I do either of those though.  Then send in the heroes to take out the keep.  After that start resource hunting with remaining troops.

Other options are Saladin + Joan, or Nike + Joan. I have yet to level Conrad up to level 3 to use him with Nike/Saladin/Alexander.  My level 2 Conrad is a chocolate teapot and always loses me the battle.

7 hours ago, urmommatoo said:

Thank guys, this is useful. Hope some of the lower crown shims are also finding useful in this.

Any one want to jump start Age 8 strat?

I think stanly should do the honor of age 8 bcoz my strategy is the weirdest of all players