Gman's 64 bit shiznit

K, I have a set of pics. This first one is the MBM dashboard, stock settings idle.

This one is just after running 3dmark, notice the cpu load is 93%. Nice temps, huh?

K, this one is MBM readings for my best overclock. I could take it farther but 3dmark locks up on the 5th test at 225fsb. remember there are no pci/agp locks on this one. I could boot to desktop and everything seemed fine at 235fsb, but I couldn't get any benchies to complete so I figure this is the top end.

Not to shabby.

Benchies to follow I hope?

Yep, I'm gonna try the benchies again at 220FSB. I don't think I will see a big difference until I get a better vid card.

K, just ran 3dmark @220fsb. I set details to low. I noticed on the lobby scene I hit 462 fps.

K, just ran 3dmark @220fsb. I set details to low. I noticed on the lobby scene I hit 462 fps.

Who gives a crap about that!

What score at default settings? :angry:

K, ran them again at default. Pretty big difference, hehe. Too bad this board doesn't have agp/pci locks. Increase was only about 400 from stock.

Thats better. A lot easier to see where you're at.

Still a very good score for a 9500 Pro, though!

Really? Cool! I kept seeing all these 22K scores and my paltry 14K didn't look so good. Thought I was doing something wrong.

Use the compare feature and set the parameters to like vid cards and cpu MHz, etc. and see what it comes up as.

Really? Cool! I kept seeing all these 22K scores and my paltry 14K didn't look so good. Thought I was doing something wrong.

I'm only getting a little over 13K with the 9800 Pro. I could prolly get more. But I'm happy.

Lets see a PC Mark score. How does that chipset do with your memory scores?

BTW: I get 13+k with my 9700 Pro.

Sure. I will do the whole gamut of benchies. I'll try HALO, UT2K3, Aquamark, PCmark, Sandra. I'll do those on default bench and system settings. Like you guys said, that will give me a better understanding of where it is at.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post your full system specs sometime too! Most don't know wtf you're running. :lol:

hehe

post-10-1076714730_thumb.png

Lets see a PC Mark score. How does that chipset do with your memory scores?

BTW: I get 13+k with my 9700 Pro.

what board do you have? the only thing limiting e is the actual bandwidth. I'm running the card at 4x cause my mobo doesn't support 8x.

K, here are the latest benchies and my specs:

MSI K8T Neo FIS2R

Athlon 64 3200

Mushkin 2x512MB PC3500 (2.5,3,3,6)

ATI Radeon 9500 Pro

2x120GB WD Caviar SE

Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1

Liteon 411S DVDRW

Toshiba MD1612 DVD

Enermax 460w

WInfast TV Deluxe 2000

All settings at default:

3DMark2001 - 14152

PCMark2004 - 3901

Aquamark - GPU 3777, CPU 8981, overall 31211

Sandra memory bandwidth - 3015 INT, 3014 FLOAT

Sandra CPU Math - 8362 MIPS, 3159/4104 MFLOPS

Sandra CPU Multi - 14957 INT, 19720 FLOAT

I'm surprised at the low score for PCMark. Any suggestions?

Use PC Mark 2002. I hate 2004 it doesn't break it down as well unless you pay them.

Junior, Asus P4B533, 2.53 P4

K, now I have a problem. I can't adjust my fsb(HT) from 215 after I raised it using Corecenter. I checked it in BIOS and set it to 200 but once I get in windows everything is reported as 215mhz. Can't download a new bios, the update utility lists a new one but on download says it cant find it. The msi site doesn't show it either. It's not a huge problem, I can run at 215 just fine. I just worry about the agp/pci not having a lock.

Clear the CMOS?

And whats Corecenter?

Corecenter is the windows based utility to overclock. I was using it, I know dont say anything it was easier, to overclock. I will clear it tomorrow. I'm such a genius.

Sorry but I have to say something!

Most all of the Windows based utilities I've ever tried su** bal**

LOL, I know. I was just being lazy and didn't want to have to restart every time. I expected to have some bumps along the way since it's the first generation of chips. No worries m8, I'll reset the CMOS tomorrow or Sunday and see if that helps. If not, I will llive with it.