Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

How about a Laptop?

I've narrowed my video troubles to the video card overheating. I've read the dell forums 1000 times, i've posted there many times (frosty44).

Got an i5150.

3.06 GHZ

512 Ram

Radeon 9000

The video runs fine for a few minutes, then goes into slowmo for 5 seconds, then fine for 5 seconds, then slowmo...repeat until i get pissed.

I followed Bruce's advice and stuck a large ass fan underneath seen here. I could run 10 times longer before the first slowmo, and then the time between the slowmo's also decreased. However, that's not very convienent. I've seen fan setups for laptops, i was just wondering which would be the best for my situation

I have no idea man. I start doing some google searches for them and reviews. See which is best. They aren't going to work as good as that house fan though. So I think you're just throwing good money after bad.

You need a new lappy or a different vid card for it.

I dont know about that set up you got there. But at least durring the summer you get to kill two birds with one stone. sorry to here about your problem Frosty.

last one

And another

I hope this might help.

for Frosty

Edited by [COD]Big_Balls

cool, umm, did you take your once a day vitamins??? Who are the peeps on the white couch in the pic?!!!! J/J, I was lookin around the pic! :D

First if you are plugged into an outlet then take out ur battery, second get a pcmcia card fanthat should help but as for take and go man i dont know

First if you are plugged into an outlet then take out ur battery, second get a pcmcia card fanthat should help but as for take and go man i dont know

THat is a very good point... if you are going to stay plugged in I would remove your batter!! That is very overlooked.. GOOD POINT

pointing is rude!!! :angry:

Finally got a fan for it, the targus tornado, i would not buy it for the 30 bucks they ask for it but i had a friend who could get it for me at 15. It takes off 5-10 degrees C, but definately do not buy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this