Dilemma for my masters

Hey Guys,

I know this forum is for discussing game related stuff. but, right now I am stuck in between what to choose and what not to.

I am planning to do my masters in aerospace engineering from USA. but, I hardly know about the locality and surroundings of universities. due to this, I am not able to finalize my university.

If some of you have some knowledge about various factors like cost of living, crime rate etc. of various cities of US than it would be very helpful.

moreover I plan to stay in east or may be south of USA so do inform me accordingly in this forum.

if anyone responds from his/her experience it will be very helpful.

Thanks beforehand :-)

Perhaps in my part of the country (Texas) - I'd suggest either University of Texas in Austin, or Texas A & M University (College Station).

Both schools have good engineering programs, and offer graduate programs - including aerospace engineering.

Texas is considered affordable compared to many East Coast states in terms of Cost of Living, plus these two schools are not as expensive as some of the major East Coast schools.

That, and weather is warm in Texas!

No snowy blizzards to worry about. :D

I have 5 choices for universities

1) Georgia tech

2) University of texas at Austin and also A&M university at college station

3) University of Maryland, college park

4) Virginia tech

5) North Carolina state university at Rayleigh.

these are my options and I consider above choices as better than most of available for aerospace. so what do you all say?

Wichita State University in Wichita, KS has an degree program. Wichita isn't a college town, but there are a lot of aircraft manufacturing companies in town.

Get on LinkedIn and see where all the Boeing employees went to school. They are headquartered in Seattle Washington, but that is on the west coast and you said you didn't want to go there.

Kansas State University is a great engineering school and Manhattan, KS is a great college town, but they don't do aerospace engineering.

I have considered above schools because they rank high in my field and are affordable. I know that cost of masters is very high in America and for international student it is sky high.

@paladin tech. thanks for ratings and I have analyzed them: they were helpful. Michigan has fees of about $40000 per year which is huge for me.

@Bruceleeon. They may be nice universities for other field but they are not listed for masters in aerospace engineering

@The BBQ Kid I have information about Wichita state university but not sure about their graduate program. it is also not listed in the top school for aerospace engineering.

@middleagedguy, Ya I agree. Austin is nice

• 1 month later...

hi surficialorb, i don't knw if u've already decided...bt my friend who is frm rajkot did his masters in mech engg. from syracuse university..and he said it was very good...u cn try that too..i'm myself completing m.tech in aerospace from iare hyderabad rt nw..

as u know over there mech & aerospace r combined in 1 stream..so u cn take credits of ur choice in 4 sems..combination of mech & aero has real good prospects nd if u are graduate in aerospace then it will not be tough...