Xtasy 9200SE vid card

Shaolin

I have a Xtasy 9200SE 128mb PCI video card and Warcraft III just doesn't want to run using it. It says it fails to activate Direct X but I have Direct X 9.0b installed on my system. There are a couple of things that I think could be causing this:

1) Warcraft III doesn't run with Direct X 9.0b

2) My IRQ settings are a bit messed up--my PCI video card and another system component both share the interrupt setting of 16.

3) Somehow my onboard graphics card is conflicting with my PCI video card, even though everything looks to be ok with the onboard card simply "disabled" in the Device Manager.

Anyone have any input? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you disable the onboard vid in the BIOS?

Your full system specs would help to diagnose the problem.

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 desktop. There are two options for video in the BIOS, AUTO and ONBOARD. Currently, I have it set to AUTO. Any clue whether or not my PCI video card on IRQ setting 16 is in conflict with the Intel ® 82801DB/DBM USB universal host controller - 24 C2 because, it too, is on 16?

~Shao

I know this sounds redundant, but if it worked for them it should work for you.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/bo...essage.id=57535

This may sound DISCOURAGING... but keep plugging away slugger

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/bo...essage.id=15035

I think the solution is going to be a new motherboard and an ATI Radeon 9600xt (with complimentary Half-Life 2). I just can't figure it out. The BIOS is set to AUTO, I have the latest drivers, DirectX 9.0b, and WarCraft III still says it can't activate DirectX. However, if I try to install DirectX from the WarCraft cd, it tells me that I already have DirectX 8.1 greater installed. So, that program can detect DirectX, but the WarCraft program can't. Go figure.

~Shao

That's the best way to fix problems, no new purchases.

Glad it turned out to be simpler than a new Mobo, thats for sure.