OE slow to start

Iroc

This just started happening. I click the icon for OE 6 and the splash screen comes up and stays there for about 30 seconds, hourglass cursor when its over the splash screen. Once its open it works fine and closes fine.

Did some searches but theres alot of info for win98 and ie5 which is useless.

Ill be damned if im going to pay experts-exchange money to see their solutions, i'd rather put my balls in a vice and reinstall the os at the same time :angry:

Any ideas ?

Now that i think about it, this started happening right after i did Norton win doctor, also did adaware scan and defrag.

I love how this s*** is suppose to fix s*** but all it does is f*** it up.

That's one reason I don't use Norton anymore.

P.S., I just read on nforcershq.com forums about a guy who had a similar problem after installing the latest definitions from Norton.

Don't use OE but check that Messenger isn't set to open when OE does (Tools/Options I think). If you've renamed Windows Messenger or uninstalled it OE will spend some time trying to find it.

I used norton for a long time.. it used to be a great software suite. Now it's almost as if it just turned bloatware. At least for me it did.

I used norton for a long time.. it used to be a great software suite. Now it's almost as if it just turned bloatware. At least for me it did.

I still use it. But yeah it has gotten more and more bloated with every release.

Following in M$'s footsteps I guess.

I still use it. But yeah it has gotten more and more bloated with every release.

Following in M$'s footsteps I guess.

i sitll like NAV though. Even though i use PC-CIllin now.