Antec Sonata Piano Black Quiet Mid Tower Case

Rbreb13

Today I will be reviewing the Antec Sonata Mid Tower case. I was immediately impressed when I took the case out of the box. The sheer weight told me that this was a solidly built case. But the thing that took my breath away was the absolute beauty of the paint job. The fit and finish of this case is amazing. The Piano Black paint is buffed to a very high sheen (you can actually see your reflection). I tried to get a picture of this but it wasn't to be. The pictures of it really don't do it justice. It has the look and feel of an automotive quality paint job.

Read More

I don't know if impressed with a steal case that costs 100+, I could easily buy a Lian Li pC-60 for 99 and mod it with a 120mm fan.

Plus the Lian Li looks MUCH nicer.

It comes stock with 4 fan placeholders

2 up front 1 up top and 1 in back. PUT some stealth fans in there, you are good to go.

I do, however, like the sideways hdd mounting... FINALLY SOMEONE LISTENED

Your points are well taken. But I think it being steel and heavy helps with the quiet. The rubber feet help keep vibration noise to a minimum as does the heaviness of the whole case. I had Stealth 80mm fans in my Full Tower and the 120mm is much quieter than 2 of the 80mm's.

As for all this I'll cover it more in depth when I write up the article.

As far as looks go. meh its a matter of personal taste. Yeah Lian Li's look good but so does the Sonata. Just a different look.

And yeah the hard drive mounting worked out great. It basically automatically forces the cables to be routed out of the way.

I like it and the review ain't half bad either :P

Uh thanks I think! :lol:

I got mine from Directron if that helps. I've dealt with them before. They have fast shipping and are rated very high on resellerratings.

I can recommend them.