[TMX]EdMaxx

Frag.Ops v1.26

From the Frag.Ops web site:

Crap! Just after 1.25 was released, we ran into some major problems -- some custom 1.2 maps became incompatible, people had corrupt karma files, and there was a very obscure memory leak in one of our emitters causing some nasty performance loss. There somehow even managed to be two different versions of the 1.25 zip floating around with differing system files. So instead of waiting several weeks for 1.3 to address this, we are addressing it now, hopefully before all servers have had a chance to update. The small list of changes can be viewed here, or found in the zip. Installation is the same as in v1.25, extract the zip to your UT2003\ directory, overwriting when prompted. Since this is a code patch only, this will NOT overwrite your ini files, and requires v1.25 to be installed first. So if you are starting fresh, your list of updates would be as follows: v1.2 -> v1.25 -> v1.26, in that order. Please do not use the live updater as it is currently not functioning, and we apologize for the confusion it caused with v1.25. Thanks for putting up with us, enjoy the increased stability, and we'll be seeing you in a couple weeks with our next patch. Soon also we will be announcing our overall roadmap towards the first beta version, due out in several months.. and wait till you see the new gametype (game?) we've got coming, it's like nothing you've played before ;).

Yeah, thx. I used the autoupdater for 1.25 and it was a pain. It kept telling me to update even though I already had. Also, if you used the updater for 1.25 you suddenly had "body stay" permanently activated, whether you disabled it in settings or not. This means that when someone is killed, their body doesn't disappear. Also, why can't they patch it so your friggin' ini file doesn't get overwritten? I know all you have to do is save it before patching, but it is a pain. One other thing before I stop, what is it with all the haxors in FO? I know there were cheaters in TO, but, damn! Seems like every server you go in someone is hacking up a storm. I was playing yesterday on Initiative as merc as kept getting sniped from the SO base. Headshots galore just about everywhere you play. They need some good hack protection and quick.

EdMaxx,Nov 19 2003, 08:03 AM] From the Frag.Ops web site:

this will NOT overwrite your ini files

the whistles go WOOOO :firebounce

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.