Sign in to follow this  
Iroc

Double Trouble

Heres my latest cooling mod. There are 6 Thermaltake Ducting Mod pieces to control intake and exhaust airflow. All assembled with stainless steel hardware. The rear 80mm fan is exhausting air and the UV reactive 92mm fan is intake.

DoubleDuct.JPG

So does it work? How loud is it?

It looks cool thats for sure. Did you have to glue all the ducting together and cut it to fit? Looks good and tight.

Good to see ya back, Iroc!

Robert its not very loud at all. Most of the noise is generated by the 3 80mm front fans. The 92mm fan moves more cfm and create less noise. Overall the computer is between medium and quiet noise levels.

For the intake setup I used 3 Ducting mods, 1 80mm fan gutted to just be a frame, a 92mm to 80mm adapter and the 92mm fan. With the 92 on the end it forces air through the ducts onto the Swiftech HS. Airflow is able to straighten out and eliminate the fan hub dead zone.

The exhaust duct removes heated air from the lower portion of the Swiftech. It pulls air across the northbridge HS and evacuates it out of the case. The power supply helps this situation by evactuating heated air from the top portion of the Swiftech.

Here are some pictures of the duct assembly with a favorable background.

DuctSide.jpg

DuctAngle.jpg

Great job. Eliminating the hub dead zone probly helps a lot on the Swfty. I use a TMD fan on mine for that reason.

What kind of "before"/"after" temps are you getting?

Well all this changed dramatically and the only temps I recorded were with the stock Intel HSF and before & after o/c'ng the Swiftech.

Right now at idle and a room temp. of 78.6 F the cpu is at 105 F and a ambient case temp. of 84 F

At full load the ambient case temp. stays the same. The cpu goes up to 120~129 F depending on room temperature.

While o/c'ng from 133 FSB to 167 FSB the full load temp. for cpu never increased. That mighty swiftech with the 3/8 inch copper block has great heat capacity.

IROC! Long time no see. Great to see ya back. How's things been? I love the mod, btw.

i would like to see the mod

Yeah, roc, ya took the images down. That was one sweet mod.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this