ESGN Nanotherm Silver Thermal Paste Review

jsgolfman

It has been ten months since ESGN has came out with their Nanotherm ICE & Blue thermal paste and I'm still using what I have left of it! Back in January of 2002 I did a thermal paste shootout between the Nanotherm, Arctic Silver 2, and Arctic Silver 3. The Nanotherm paste didn't beat the Arctic Silver 3 paste but it did beat the Arctic Silver 2 paste. Since then, Arctic Silver has came out with a new breed of thermal paste called Arctic Alumina. Today, I will be doing a comparison between the following thermal pastes: Nanotherm Silver, Nanotherm Ice, Arctic Alumina, and Radio Shack paste

http://www.overclockersclub.com/nanotherms...silverpaste.php

Looks like a good product, except for the Silver part. That's a potential problem for someone like me with big fingers and a shaky hand. One major reason I stick to Alumina.

It doesn't beat out AS3 though. So I'll stick to the tried and true!

I saw a review someplace to back this up. I'll post it if I can find it again.

Found it: http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/Cooling/Arc...ctic-Nanotherm/

At least it shows there is some competition. That's always a good thing. It may push AS to come out with something that combines the transfer of III and the non-conductivity of Alumina. Now I would buy that.

<Robocop> For a dollar?

:lol: , Man they have been showing that thing for the past week. Stupid me, I watch it every time. How'd that little freak get those babes in that commercial?

How'd that little freak get those babes in that commercial?
<Robocop> For a dollar?

Yeah, I'd buy that for a dollar.