Bruceleeon

Bruceleeon's Layout

Here is my current layout for AOE.

This is a good way to get tips for your layout, post the pic then we can mark it up, upload it, comment on it.. etc.

post-2-0-07688500-1426797371_thumb.jpg

Nice three-walled design. May want to consider swapping a silo + lumberyard from the south-west section with two resource producing buildings from the north-east to force the enemy to attack from multiple fronts if they want all resources storage buildings.

Alright guys... trying a small modification. Moved some walls around, and brought some buildings inside. I just hope guys can't sneak in fast enough to take out my emplacements.

post-2-0-67098300-1426857196_thumb.jpg

I think it looks tougher to beat now. It will be harder for people to get the 50%, so they might throw everything they got into a keep rush. I would probably next your castle unless I really wanted those resources. The western side looks to be the weakest if Nevsky is employed there with enough meat shields.

There has been a few nevsky attacks from the west... luckily they have failed!!! Greandiers and trebs did the job. Also, the two towers are placed so that anthing between them can be hit from them.

The number 1 guy in all of AOE has level 7 archer towers. Goes to show how the new match making makes it easier to rise to the top. So, with that said, I am upgrading walls instead of defenses and upping my offense before anything else

I've been doing the same. Since I don't keep much stone on hand I have not been attacked for 6 days. I had quite a bit of wood and food until I upgraded two special units and my barracks.

Hah, nice! Of course, I would just assume you were a Call of Duty fan. :) Those trebuchet emplacements, they don't block after destruction the same way a tower does, do they? Also, why bring the general buildings in rather than farms/mills? Just to save the stone in them?

No reason really, I don't care much for the resources (other than stone) right now as I get them so quickly through battle. As far as the trebs go, I am not sure if they block or not. No one has done a rush on me since putting them "in" the wall.

Yes, I am a Call of Duty fan, but check out the logo at the top of these forums. In my world, C.O.D. stand for Computing on Demand.

I started it, am it, etc. I do it all. Web design, web site, logos, server admin, reviews, editor, etc. Its all me. I used to have a few guys that worked it with me, but life took them other directions.

I also have a web hosting piece of the business http://codwebhosting.com

I lost two defensive battles and got the itch to move things a bit. I didn't change the overall design as I think it is sound, I just moved it.

post-2-0-15108300-1427644549_thumb.jpg

I can't decide between 2 upgrades I am looking at.

1. I have one archer tower left at level 7. I am looking to upgrade that to Level 8 to match my other archer towers (200K Stone)

OR

2. Upgrade one of my ballista towers to a cannon tower. (325K Stone)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.