Post Your 3D Mark 2001 Scores Here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you test that card with both the omega's and the Cats?

Curious to see if the omega's are better.

No I didn't. I prefer quality over speed and the Omega's always seem to have a better image quality to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Test

Thats pretty crappy for 3D Mark 2001 se!

Ooops, you posted in the wrong thread! :lol:

• 3 months later...

I hit 16621. I just did a fresh install of everything. You guys have some impressive scores for such old video cards Muhahahah!

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows XP

Processor:                  Intel Pentium® 4 @ 3.0C GHz

Graphics Card:  NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Total Physical Memory: 1022 MB

Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Motherboard Model:  P4P800

DirectX Version:  9.0

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Total Local Video Memory: 256 MB

Total Local Texture Memory: 256 MB

Total AGP Memory:  254 MB

Display Driver:  nv4_disp.dll

Display Driver Version:              6.14.10.6177

I hit 16621. I just did a fresh install of everything. You guys have some impressive scores for such old video cards Muhahahah!

And yours is pretty bad for such a new card. I've seen similar systems with much higher scores.

And yours is pretty bad for such a new card. I've seen similar systems with much higher scores.

he's also using a 3 month old driver. ;)

Balls, is that 03 or 2001?

Besides, the latest version of 3dmark used more of the CPU than it did the videocard.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8124837

Edit: I beat your score if it is 2001SE. :P

Hrmm.. I dont know a dman thing about tweaking let alone using #d mark. I dont overclock anything.

I just scored a 17320 and I didnt even change anything!

Edit- I didnt think that nvidia had a newer driver. Is that 3 Mo old one the one Im suppose to be using?

Edited by ballsdeep

Hrmm.. I dont know a dman thing about tweaking let alone using #d mark. I dont overclock anything.

I just scored a 17320 and I didnt even change anything!

Edit- I didnt think that nvidia had a newer driver. Is that 3 Mo old one the one Im suppose to be using?

no your using the leatest driver already. 6177 is the latest driver out.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

Unless you want to install a beta driver.

and not any driver you get from any other site than Nvidia is not considered Official. Despite what you read. If they were official they you'd be getting them from one of the listed mirrors that Nvidia provides.

as for overclocking, thats the easy part, although you have to take care when overclocking your video card. it is not recommended to overclock your card more than 10% unless you have proper cooling. that being said, don't worry too much about frying your cards core, you can experiment alot, it will give you some room to breath, so don't be too afraid. Note also that overclocking WILL void your warrenty,\

Now I'm not sure about the FX's , but there used to be a way of reghacking the bios to enable the coolbits properties in the Cards control panel.

Download a program called NVhardpage to do this the easy way, or look up on google for the reghack. This is if you want to overclock using the normal video control panel.

if you want to use a third party app, may I suggest Rivatuner (located on www.guru3d.com) Or check out http://www.guru3d.com for other overclocking utilities. You can also grab beta drivers from guru3d as well. Most of the drivers are hacked drivers so it can be installed for all cards instead of specific cards. so use caution if you do choose to install one. Not like you can't reinstall old drivers, but it's just a hassle. Make sure if you do install new drivers, to fully uninstall your old drivers, and use Driver Cleaner 3 or NSF (Nasty File Remover) to help delete the old files fully.

Thanks Junior. I have messed around some and I scored a 18921. That is ALOT better than the 1600's I was first getting. Im still working on it. What is the highest any of you have heard of someone getting? or at least with a set up like mine?