Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

C.O.D. Giveaway: StarTech InfoSAFE S354UFER eSATA RAID

Up for grabs this time is the StarTech InfoSAFE S354UFER:

S354UFER.Alarge.jpg

StarTech.com's S354UFER External SATA RAID Enclosure is a high-performance external RAID storage solution, supporting up to 4 high capacity 3.5" SATA hard drives (supports SATA, SATA II and SATA III-6Gbps).

The 4-bay RAID enclosure can be connected to the host/source computer through USB, eSATA or FireWire and automatically builds your SATA RAID array based on your selection (Spanning, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 1+0, RAID 3, and RAID 5 supported), delivering a simple, yet flexible external storage solution.

Designed for convenience, the enclosure features front panel LED indicators that provide RAID information and simple hard drive status and activity monitoring. The enclosure also features a built-in 3-speed 80mm fan with automatic or manual controls that allow you to customize the speed of the fan as necessary, ensuring suitable operating temperatures for optimized drive performance.

The StarTech.com Advantage

Support for up to 4 drives provide large amounts of storage with a choice of high speed interfaces from USB 2.0, FireWire400/800 or eSATA

The removable front cover and accessible drive bays allows drives to be replaced easily in case of failure or upgraded

Built-in support for numerous RAID modes for most personal/business needs and an 80mm controllable cooling fan to keep drives from overheating

I haven't exactly figured out how or what the stipulations will be to win this as it is a $350.00 item. What are your suggestions? Remember our ultimate goal here... we are rewarding our members and trying to generate activity on the site, board, and facebook page.

http://computingondemand.com/startech-infosafe-external-raid-enclosure-s354ufer

The only thing missing from that is an ethernet port I'd love it if it had networking capabilities

Thanks for the opportunity, I'm a video editor and to be able to win this , would be great. Did not know about this site, until today, when I saw the link in TechPowerUp. So far so good, checking out some reviews. Thank you.

The InfoSafe has proven to be a great storage solution here. Unfortunately, with all the NAS reviews we are doing lately, I just don't have the HDDs to keep it around.

Thanks for the giveaway!!! I have five (maybe 6?) external USB hard drives that I use for various purposes. Some are fairly small at 80gb, while the largest is 500gb, in the middle I have one or two 250gb and a 320gb (I think - I can't seem to find 'em all at this particular moment). Anyway - this is why I NEED something like this!!! Having all these puny external drives all over the house is lame. I could really REALLY use a storage unit like this!

So, thanks again for the giveaway, and good luck to all!

(@ james86 - I agree 100% - networking would make this unit even better, but even as it stands, it rocks! You can always hook it up to a PC in a different part of the house and set up a shared/networked drive (or driveS) if needed)

Edited by dlb

I don't yet but I really want one

Do any of you have a NAS?

Never owned one, but my friend have, its where I first got introduced to video editing. Started with Vegas , now we use Premiere. Mac Pros were out of our budgets, but we dont feel that we're missing out on anything, CS5 is a grade A editing tool.

I know, give it to ThomasTNT so he can edit sweet, sweet videos for the site. ;)

We have a long way to go... only 31 facebook fans. We need 200 for the drawing. I am going to giveaway a Sentey Burton Case in the meantime to help things out.

I know, give it to ThomasTNT so he can edit sweet, sweet videos for the site. ;)

I have never owned one either

could use it for all the CD's and DVD's I own

Grt product to giveaway.. anyone of us would love to win.

@Joe, whey facebook mandatory ?? What about ppl who doesn't have facebook account. I close FB account over a year ago for personal reason.

Thanks Joe.

Count me in for this bad ass :). Doesn't matter who ever wins this, I am sure he would be able to use for wisely. I wish everyone good luck.

I don't think the contest is open anymore

contest is still open, as is the contest for the Sentey Burton. We are just waiting for the guidelines to be met, then we will be picking our winner.

Guess I was wrong

200 likes here we come!!

Yes, lets see who win this :).

Edited by jazboy

We are about to publish a review of another RAID enclosure similar to this one. This will end up being a giveaway item as well. Stay tuned.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this