Modify the WordPress Login URL

Bruceleeon

There are various ways you can secure your WordPress installation, some of them are true security measures and some of them are just concealers.  One thing I have been looking to do with my WordPress installations was to change the URL for user login and registration.  I feel as though having wp-login.php in the url is not necessary, this should me modifiable by default, and getting rid of it would make me very happy.  Luckily for us, there is an easy way to do this; just a simple theme and .htaccess modification will get the job done. The first order Read More...rZS3rJ_UQgE

View the full article

Yes that is true. you can modify the code and direct the page to your desired login page code. In fact you can use http://somedomainname.com/user or anything instead of 'http://somedomainname.com/login'. You just need to modify the code so when user hits this page server looks for login page code.

Do you use WordPress, or just fiddle with websites?

I am developer so i know these. Although haven't worked on PHP yet but it shouldn't be too hard as I have worked on java, JSP etc. I have experience of wordpress for few months. I haven't modified the looks or other features but i know how to create post, attach photo, write articles etc. Actually i was thinking to write my own blog but never got time.