Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

C.O.D. Giveaway: 4-Bay Trayless eSATA RAID Box

Sometimes the stockpile of goodies gets a little too high... and we need to make room! This time around, C.O.D. will be giving away the iStarUSA 4-Bay Trayless eSATA RAID Box (v7AGE420-ES).

You must post in this thread to be eligible. Your name and stats will indicate your eligibility.

The drawing will be at the end of Feb.!

Count me in - liked on Facebook as well

You are the only eligible person so far!!! Now start pimpin the forums! I may have a special prize for the most active forum member

Consider this my official entry - and I've liked on Facebook too!!!

Good luck everyone! And thanks to COD!

I may be a bit lame, but I didn't see when the contest ends, or when a winner will be selected... when???

You are the only eligible person so far!!! Now start pimpin the forums! I may have a special prize for the most active forum member

Thanks for the warm welcome :). Now to start posting!

Is this raid device networkable? I am really looking for some kind of storage device that can support more then 1 HDD.

@ Ben: I did some research, and it does not look like the device is able to be networked directly. It has an eSATA port and you could connect it to a PC, then set it up in the network from there as a shared drive (or drives). I also found the following statement online, and it seems to contradict the description provided above:

This model (v7AGE420-ES) does not have RAID functionality unless connected to a compatible e-SATA controller. Model v7AGE420-SAUF has built in RAID.

I also found it odd that every link to the manufacturer's product page pops up a "404 - NOT FOUND" error. Here's that link (I copied it from Newegg, Directron, and Amazon - they all had this same link): http://www.istarusa.com/storage/mini_trayless/v7age420es.aspx

If anyone can find a real tech sheet on this device, I'd be interested in knowing if it truly has built-in RAID functionality as suggested in the product name "iStarUSA 4-Bay Trayless eSATA RAID Box", or if the quote I found and posted above is accurate or not..... it still would be a great win!!! I have such an accumulation of videos and music, that I've already filled up most of a 320gb and 250gb drive, plus 3 external drives of 80gb, 120gb, and 300gb!!! I'd fill this baby up with four 750gb (a friend has a dozen of these drives and will sell me them for $30 each!) and free up some space.

Edited by dlb

LOL, not that late. Only a few eligible so far. That means the odds are VERY good. You only need 3 more posts! If you haven't guessed. I am trying to get some activity here in our forums. Next month will be another giveaway. And a new one each month till the end of the year. Keep posting and there may be some extras in there.

That's nice to hear that everyone will have fair chance regardless of joining date.

Yes Good luck.

LOL, not that late. Only a few eligible so far. That means the odds are VERY good. You only need 3 more posts! If you haven't guessed. I am trying to get some activity here in our forums. Next month will be another giveaway. And a new one each month till the end of the year. Keep posting and there may be some extras in there.

Am I eligible now? I think so...

Edited by me_mystery

you have the required posts so as long as you live in the continental US I would think you would be good to go :)

Only a few days to go - good luck to everyone that entered B)

Is this raid device networkable? I am really looking for some kind of storage device that can support more then 1 HDD.

Ben, you have 1 day to get 3 more posts....

Eligible so far:

darktweak

Neroraptor

me_mystery

claycc - Double entry for Facebook Fan

dlb - Double entry for Facebook Fan

jazboy

Good Luck Everyone. I had fun participating on this giveaway. I don't have facebook account otherwise i would have participated from that account too. I closed my facebook account for personal reason.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this