Configure Backup and Restore in Windows 7

Bruceleeon

In a previous article here on C.O.D. (Essential Windows 7 Tweaks: Part 1), I mentioned it's my opinion that users should disable the system restore features in Windows 7.  Outside of the resources associated with running the task, I feel as though it provides a false sense of security for Windows Users and does nothing for users plagued by things worse than failed updates.  So what is the answer? Windows 7 comes with Backup and Restore... Backup and Restore—improved for Windows 7—creates safety copies of your most important files, so if you lose something, it won't be lost forever. Let Read More...WczV81DsLvk

View the full article

Thanks for the article! I've known Backup & Restore was a feature, but I never messed with it, and knew nothing about it... very informative, good stuff!

Very useful article and such a nicely explained that it looks like a very easy job. Good post. My windows 7 system has backup features too but i never used it. I have Nortan antivirus installed on my machine and use inbuilt Nortan's backup features because i thought its much more easy. But after reading this i will try to use this backup utility.

Does that use online backup?

I use my external hard drive to take backup. It has option to crate DVD/CD or put in another drive or in external hard drive. After running the backup it will ask you where do you want to restore the backup and store in external hard drive.

Its upto you where you want to take backup online or hard drive. I don't think it allow you to take backup online directly.