Windows 7 Upgrade hangs at 62%

Bruceleeon

My Windows woes continue.  This time around, I have been trying to upgrade my Laptop running Windows Vista to Windows 7 Professional.  After initiating the upgrade process it would stall at 62% and give no indication as to what would cause the issue.  Well, after a bunch of research and much less hair, I have an answer for you.  The cause of the issue can be traced to the Iphlpsvc service not responding during the upgrade.  To verify that this fix will work for you, check the Seupact.log file for the following: Warning [0x080b50] MIG AsyncCallback_ApplyStatus: Progress appears to be stuck. Current progress: 62 To open the setupact.log file during the upgrade process, press SHIFT+F10 to open a command prompt, type C:$WINDOWS.~BTSourcesPanthersetupact.log, and then press ENTER. To open the setupact.log file after the computer rolls back to Windows Vista, click Start, type C:$WINDOWS.~BTSourcesPanthersetupact.log in the Start Search box, and then Read More...N7otfwFXpuI

View the full article