Any Need or Anti Virus?

Guest john09cw

Guest john09cw

Hi, I've been reading the article on using WHS as a email server using hmailserver software, my question is would i have to install any anti virus software onto WHS?, I have the windows Firewall enabled but as yet no anti virus.

I don't have a/v on my WHS, but if you are going to run it as a mail server I would definitely install clamwin. Clamwin integrates into hMailServer very nicely and automatically scans the emails as they are passed through your server.

http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/18/46/

After the installation, open your hmailserver and expand the settings section. There will be an option for antivirus and a tab specifically for ClamWin. hMailServer will autodetect your configuration and use clamwin to scan emails.

Guest john09cw

Hi, I've been reading the article on using WHS as a email server using hmailserver software, my question is would i have to install any anti virus software onto WHS?, I have the windows Firewall enabled but as yet no anti virus.

Thanks Bruceleeon, will try that.