Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

Have any of you guys shopped at ZipZoomFly?

I haven't shopped there since I lived in Florida about 8 years ago when it was googlegear. I decided to give them a shot with my latest build. The nice thing is that they have better prices than Newegg. Here is my story.

I placed an order for 1800+ worth of hardware, turns out my credit card (multiple cards) didn't match my billing address. It goes to another address i have some of my bills and mail sent to. After a few missed attempts at calling me, they left me a phone message to return the call.

After returning the call and getting pissed that my order hadn't processed they told me I would have to cancel my order and place it again with corrected billing information. After about a 10 minute discussion and me getting angry; i finally canceled my order and placed it again. This time though, it was 34 dollars more! Prices went up because some sales were over. They said they were going to take care of the pricing. After my card is charged we will see if they live up to their end. If they do... my opinion is customer service did their job and I would shop them over newegg.

I will give them a side by side comparision with other outfits as well.

I would be suprised if you saved 50 bucks total over what the same system would have cost at newegg. I personally don't even look elsewhere because I know I get a good deal at newegg and I know they have great customer service and handle returns and RMA's very well. I just wish they would get the business 2 business thing going again so I could get free shipping and even better discounts again!

I configured the same system at both places and saved more than 50.00. Plus, they don't charge sales tax outside of California. Configure a system and see.

Newegg:

2099.92 (includes lowest shipping cost)

ZipZoomFly

1901.41 (includes lowest shipping cost)

That is 4 times more than 50.00!! You build 10 systems, that is 2000 dollars!!

I can't wait!!! My stuff is supposed to be delivered today. The one thing I am upset about is ZipZoomFly has a better version of my graphics card on sale now for the same price. I think they have the 4870 for 169 and I am getting the 38xx for the same price. Bummer.

On the set up I looked at they saved me $32.15.

after all the mail in rebates newegg would have been ahead by $100.28

I understand that I have to take the mail to the post office and then wait 6-8 weeks to get my money back if it even comes.

Well, the rig is put together! I haven't started her up yet. I am planning the cooling now. I have to figure out how and where to mount my rad so I don't have to mod the box. This is some thick ass aluminum!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this