Sign in to follow this  
[COD]Big_Balls

Fraud

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid LWPELECTRONICS ([email protected]) $474.99 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL LWPELECTRONICS*".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: BRAND NEW NOKIA 8800 CELL PHONE

Quantity: 1

Total: $474.99 USD

Cart Subtotal: $454.99 USD

Shipping Charge: $20.00 USD

Cart Total: $474.99 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Information

Shipping Info: Bill Chang

202 N Magnolia Dr.

Saco, ME 04072

United States

Address Status: Unconfirmed

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to cancel the payment and get a full refund.

Dispute Transaction

Thank you for using PayPal!

The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

This is how I found out about it.

This is a reported phishing website

http://www.kapriz-fortuny.com/partners.pay...om/?_cmd=webscr

Internet Explorer has determined that this is a reported phishing website. Phishing websites impersonate other sites and attempt to trick you into revealing personal or financial information.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

Online phishing (pronounced fishing) is a way to trick you into revealing personal or financial information through an e-mail message or website. Phishing Filter is a feature in Internet Explorer that helps detect phishing or fraudulent websites.

For more information, see Phishing in Internet Explorer Help.

Report that this is not a phishing website.

Few months back when i was selling my old-home stuff on craiglist. I got an email from unknown person saying that he will purchase all of items and asked my expection price. I told him my expection price. He replied that i will pay $50 more for being honest and will mail me the money in form of cashier check of money order. In email he said that you don't worry about the stuff. I have shipping company and my driver will pick up all those items when he goes through my town. I said its ok with me. I didn't see anything to loose as I will have my money on moneyorder form before his driver comes and collects stuff. I gave him my address and with in two days i got payment. But guess what, he sent me around $4000 more on money order. I got an email from the same guy and said that by mistake his secretary has send $4000 more. He said since you already have the money order so go ahead and deposit into my bank account and return extra money to his driver. He said you can keep $100 more because of all this inconvenience. That time i got little suspicious, why this guy is giving me $150 more just for nothing. Either he is making more money with my stuff or this is fraud. I said i haven't received any money order. He said he will reissue the money order and will send it again. Within two days i got fedex mail with moneyorder again. Guess what?? this time too he send me $4000 more on moneyorder. I asked him how can make same mistake again with in 1 week and send me $4000 more for just $300 household stuff. I asked him since you reissue the moneyorder then you shouldn't have send me $4000 more. I told him that i don't want to sell my items to him. He apologies for all inconvenience and told me that you can keep $500 more for all this pain and return extra money to his driver.

I told him please stop sending me email otherwise i will go to cops. I also told him that if he wants he can give me his address and i will return his money order. But i never got any mails from that guy.

One day I was discussing this things with my colleagues at office then he told me that this is Scam and lot of people has fallen into this trap and lost money. When you deposit moneyorder in bank then bank won't say anything as it takes around 2-5 business days for them to get money from bank or realized this is fake MO. Most of the time this moneyorder get issued in another country. After that bank will also charge you for depositing fake money order. They can also report this to police that you tried to get money from fake MoneyOrder.

I thought i got lucky, i was almost fell on this trap. Thank God.

So people please be careful from such Craigslist Scam. I was about to loose my all hard earn money.

You should consider your self lucky that you didn't fall for that. Lot of people who deals in craigslist first time fall for that.

My friend also had almost similar case when he sold TV one guy came and purchase TV and gave $50 more as that guy didn't have change. It was 37 LCD tv and he paid $500. When my friend went to bank to deposit that money, bank people set this is fake money. He also did police reporting but nothing happened.

Selling / purchasing to third party whom you don't know always has risk factor.

You should consider your self lucky that you didn't fall for that. Lot of people who deals in craigslist first time fall for that.

My friend also had almost similar case when he sold TV one guy came and purchase TV and gave $50 more as that guy didn't have change. It was 37 LCD tv and he paid $500. When my friend went to bank to deposit that money, bank people set this is fake money. He also did police reporting but nothing happened.

Selling / purchasing to third party whom you don't know always has risk factor.

Yes true. I learned my lesson.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this