Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

Printer - Samsung

Ok, I told you guys on Black Friday that I picked up a printer from staples for 250. It was a CLP-300 by samsung. I told my buddy about it, he is the type to research EVERYTHING. He comes back to me with "CompUSA has the CLP-510 for 129.99". The 510 does duplex printing out of the box, and has a higher yeild per cartridge than the 300.

I go nuts trying to find one... went on amazon and found one for 217. (still less than my 300) pay 40 for shipping, the thing arrives and it is the greatest printer ... 1200 DPI (true - instead of the interpolated 1200 on the 300). The colors are vibrant and accurate. I am very happy.

The plot thickens, there is another version out there, the 510n. Which is network capable. Searching searchin searching yeilds results priced at 400+. I hop on ebay, find the card and order it for 79 bucks. Now I have a network color laser printer that duplex's out of the box for 340 shipped.

Thats pretty darn good.

Honesty hit me though... when I went to return the 300 to staples, the manager was going to refund me the full 299.99 instead of the 250 I paid for it. I stopped her though, and made the correction. Maybe that is why I ended up with this deal...

So, for 17 dollars more, I ended up with a Duplex printer, for 80 more than that, I can now print from everywhere in my house without having to share it.

Sign in to follow this