Sign in to follow this  
Bruceleeon

Epson R300 Printing Dark

It turns out that my Epson R300 was printing WAY too dark no matter what I tried. While investigating I found out some interesting things. It seems that Epson is aware that there is an issue with the drivers and Windows XP SP2. One of the things you can do to overcome this problem is to print in ICM mode. That leaves you with no color adjustments though.

The other solution has come about in January of this year (2005) when Epson released a new driver (5.51). This driver solves the printing problem quite nicely.

Before you download this driver and install it, you must first UNINSTALL the old driver. If you don't, you will still suffer the same darkness.

Click here to download the new driver: ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson11315.exe

Good luck and enjoy your epson printer!!

Good stuff to know since I have an Epson. But, I don't have SP2. Will dl it anyway, thx.

Well, it fuxors my system, continuous reboots.

It's a conflict between SP2 and the 64 system. There is a workaround, but I havent gotten around to it.

I have been running sp2 all along on my 64. No problems!
Me too.

Yeah, bout time to fix it I guess.

K, fixed.

lol,

what was the issue? did you slipstream it... try a new installation... go to windows 98?

Nah, just turned off DEP. There's a conflict with some drivers and codecs I use.

Sign in to follow this